1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The forum runs backwards!

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by Zebby, May 11, 2016.

1. Zebby

I've been using these forums since around 2001 and the posts have always been in the logical order of oldest at the top and newest at the end but this forum has it all backwards with the oldest at the bottom.

I've read the FAQ section and it's as clear as mud - anyone able to shed any light how I can have this displaying properly please?

2. bikething

bikething Full Member

Click on settings in the top right, next to Log Out...

Then in the My Settings box down the left hand side click on General Settings under My Account...

Scroll down the page to Thread Display Options and set the Thread Display Mode to Linear - oldest first

HTH :)

3. Zebby

Wow, thank-you!

Can't believe I couldn't find that myself but then again, I've never had to change it as it's always been set properly :)

4. Herbalist1

Herbalist1 Settler

I guess it's a matter of preference. Personally I find it much easier to have the newest posts listed first. If you are following a thread (and some of them are very long) then it's convenient to have all the new posts at the top of page 1. It does seem a bit counter-intuitive when you first view a thread in this format but it does make it easier to access the newest posts when you are regularly accessing the same threads.

5. Stew

Stew Bushcrafter through and through

I just click the 'view first unread' link to take me straight to the the newest bits. :)

6. homesicksteve

homesicksteve Full Member

I think you have your screen- up-side-down...