The Dartmoor Jolly Boys Outing....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi there , i have organised a meet , starting on Sunday 13th May - Thursday 17th May at a secret Dartmoor location ,final details for those that don't know will be dealt with by way of PM , the numbers are limited to 10 , and i have already got 7 confirmed , so there are 3 spaces left if anyone wants to join in.

Its a beautiful site , with a fresh water river running alongside , mixed hard and softwood plantation , with plenty of space to hang or ground dwell , fantastic scenery beautiful walks etc .

We have organised transport to the site ,as it is a little way off the beaten track .

So i will list those planning on coming ,and remaining places are on a first come first served basis , there will be no charge , but as usual we will all chip in to a kitty as regards group meals etc (usally a fiver a head )

Ivan...
Savagebushcraft
Paul Webster
Skate (TBC)
Bucephalas
Redandshane (TBC)
Dave53

Any questions please ask . I am of course aware of dates , affecting peoples particpation , work commitments etc , part of the reason for limited numbers. It is just something that was sucessful last year .

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
Sorry Ivan,
I will have to miss this one as I am away in the Brecon Beacons walking/hammoking for a few days and then a Regimental reunion fo a few beers.
Hope you all have a great time and see you soon.
Stu (Patrols)

TeaBee

Jun 12, 2011
Devon
Can't come cos I'm working.
I have to grind my way through three weeks* full-time** work*** everyyear and it clashes with this Jolly Outing!

* well, it's almost 3 weeks apart form the Bank holiday
** it's almost full-time, except when I finish early of course
*** I'll be invigilating university exams, that's almost work, isn't it?

but, be fair, it is every year.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
i'm hoping these meets are gonna be a fairly regular thing over the summer, as i cant make this one (typically my holiday is booked for the weekend after) :(

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi everyone , so as not to clog the thread up with individaul replies (from me that is !) in response to those who have commented (sensible or not !)

I understand that , not giving enough warning of gatherings, that it is difficult for people to organise time out to attend some of the meets ,what with busy work and family commitments etc, but rest assured i am planning this to be the summer of our content ! So after much groundwork , i will be frequently posting meets etc, of varying sizes at different locations and hopefully some dates will suit , for all of the poor souls that have taken part before and new victims alike !

Just keep an eye on the South West Headings , for regular get togethers , because although i am biased they are always good fun (feel free to comment , if you have been along to one and found it dissapointing ) it's the only way i can get them right !

Anyone that has dates in mind , or wants me to sort something out for them , please contact me by PM , i will try my best to sort something out for you .

PM's inbound regards this meet .

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Unfortunately, the wives and work thing have mean't that two of our finest campers have had to decline, so there are currently 5 spaces available aboard the Dartmoor Express , so if any of you are at a loose end , show an interest on here first , and the rest will be sorted , as they say .

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
The Green Man is blue. :bluThinki :(

The Green Man had tae go to Scotland. I'm there the noo.

Jest think ay the size of the haggis I'll be branging back sooouth. :)

Have fun at the Dartmoor Jolly Jape.

I did nay want tae come anyways, the noo.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
My dear Mr Newman , i know you live in the dark ages, but don't for one minute think distance is safety, thanks to wonderful 21st century technology ,you are much closer than you think ! So please be careful what you wish for , or i may well be forced to change your whole wardrobe to yellow! Now you didn't think everest was going to do that today , did you ?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Rick , you are a very naughty boy , you promised that you wouldn't do this , now get the nurse to wheel you back in to your room! and if the sister catches you on the Holby computer again you will be for it .

I won't tell you again " Go to bed !! "

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Can't make this one as doing post-op caring duty for my mum. (Deep sigh of despondancy and disappointment).

Rick - good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour, I will be round with a nurses uniform should you need assistance!

Have a lovely time guys, watch out for werewolves.

Should be okay for the next one, and can we at least have vertical rain and not horizontal next time please!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE