That surreal moment when SWMBO wants to join in...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
You know how it is, you take her out camping one day and she's suddenly romantic for heavy rain showers and mildew...
so we're in a outdoor world which is in the middle of a closing down sale, SWMBO is working full time now (and earning more then me... hmph) so we start looking at family tents..

we walked away with an Aztec mardi gras 5 and additional awning plus a decent camping stove and gas canisters.
quite shocked tbh it's all her idea.
well we're just getting the kids kit together now so we can all go camping and i'm resurrecting all my bushy kit which sadly hasn't been used in a while (been very ill again :() and i get the chance to take them all out and eat weird things and watch some caveman tv!

will anyone else give me a hellsyeah?

also, yeah i have returned i've not been out at all this year as i spent quite a few months very ill indeed, mostly unable to eat which i've covered before, still no diagnosis but atm i'm working on the right foods and exercise and overall aren't doing to bad at all.
hello to everyone! i've missed you all :D
pete

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
congratulations on now having no peace to enjoy the caveman tv, having the channel turned over, and your lovely bushmeal gobbled up by the kiddies :lmao: seriously good stuff though glad your getting back out after being ill i know the feeling!

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
It's nice when you have people to share experiences with - just as good as getting out on your own. I've managed to get the kids out a couple of times, they are still small enough to get two of them and me in a two man tent:) hopefully going to test out my new polish poncho tent with the kids this weekend:)

Still haven't managed to convice the missus - we went camping alittle some years ago but never really stuck.

Well done you:)

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
That's great news! There's no chance I could get my mrs to come out with me. She can't seem to comprehend why I like to go into the woods, "get cold get wet and sleep uncomfortably" when I have a nice warm bed at home a tv.... I've tried telling her otherwise but she's having none of it because of the one bad experience she had camping and she is too stubborn to give it another go :( oh well, luckily I dont mind going by myself and generally have a couple mates that will come along

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Welcome back, Pete!
First of all; a speedy dna full recovery and stay fit!
Second; It is just great to share your love of the outdoors. It just costs a hell of a lot more, now!
Been there, done that.... actually still am doing it, upgrading from a oneperson kitlist to a 5-personslist for 2 adults and 3 kids.....
Logistics become important now!

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Hells Yeaaaaahhh! I've given up on getting my guys out, HWMBO gives a 48hr constant prewarning countdown of how wet/ cold/ bitten I'll get and the Younglings beg to stay at home with him... but tbh I've got to liking being free in the woods as there's no choice :) Hoping you and your family have lovely trips and you tell that lass of yours that we think she's a Top Gel :)

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
A little OT here, but.... Turbogirl... shouldn't it be HWMO (He Who Must Obey)?
With a little addition of OFTC (Or Face The Consecuences.....)?

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
A little OT here, but.... Turbogirl... shouldn't it be HWMO (He Who Must Obey)?

With a little addition of OFTC (Or Face The Consecuences.....)?
That's BRILLIANT! Yes, it should be changed with immediate effect.... ;) Swallow, loving the 'Thinks He' addition too, I bet Mary will have a wee grin at that, I hope she's modding this thread :)

Look what happens when we do join in, Melonfish, its an uprising.... BE afraid... ;)

Beansprout

Tenderfoot
Hells Yeaaaaahhh! I've given up on getting my guys out, HWMBO gives a 48hr constant prewarning countdown of how wet/ cold/ bitten I'll get and the Younglings beg to stay at home with him... but tbh I've got to liking being free in the woods as there's no choice :)

Of course for us lasses, there's HWMBO and in Toddys case, HWMBLT, if you want to take a wild guess, Beansprout.. ;)

What a spoil sport, tell him to MTFU

I can't get the last LT! I'm crap at these crazy mind puzzles.

I do agree with the HWTHMBO

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE