Taunton/Bristol no bushy advice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hello, my wifes going to be working down in this area for a while soon and me and her are going down for 10 days mid November, anyone in the area know of some places worth visiting whilst down,and places to get a good meal? non bushy as im still not up to long walks so soon after my OP, but a good museum or visitors attraction is fine.
cheers all.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Bristol, you'll enjoy the docks ,museum at the top of park street and then on to black boy hill were theres a good few pubs and restaurants , try grillstock on the clifton triangle ,the Bristol bierkeller, but to be honest you really cant go that wrong but defiantly do the docks go right around them and especially at night .

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
Za Za Bazaar for food! You'll love it, it's on the Waterfront near the Arnolfini.

Cheddar Gorge is a must do walk, up one side, cross the road and down the other.

If you are a fan of Harry Potter, but have never managed to find Diagon Alley, then go down Glastonbury High Street. There is a shop that sells cauldrons at the bottom!

Taunton is a bit of a dead loss really, not that much to do, but it does have a reasonably sized Primark.

Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovilton is definitely work a look too.

If you ever thought your life couldn't get any worse, you can always go to Minehead Butlins and realise how wrong you were previously!

I should work for the Somerset Tourist board

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers guys, Cranmere what type of food am I in too,well all so long as its tasty and good quality, as for things well I like historical things any subject really up for learning.Bindle the gorge walk much as id like to is out of the question,still far from up to anything physical and will be for months yet unfortunately.Not a fan of Harry potter either really, I only mentioned Taunton as its nearer our accommodation,but no problems going over to Bristol,will check out the waterfront .Bluebs4 cheers will defo try out Docks museum and food places, pubs whilst good for my wife to get a glass of vino, have no lure for me at present as I cant drink and haven't for 10 months due to meds im on,praying I can get off them soon im dying for a good pint!

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Wells cathedral and the bishops palace next door
glastonbury abbey ruins
glastonbury shops in general
glastonbury chalice well. glastonbury rural museum
wookey hole caves and museumy thing
cheddar caves ( not as good imho)
meare lake village near glastonbury

on top of mendips stockhill woods,
Bath and all its attractions
if you get as far as exeter then there endicotts
near yeovil there are several stately homes and a bit further stourhead
some stately homes near bath and bristol
there a museum of collections near bristol
the american museum near bristol
quantocks and dunster castle

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE