Tatonka cup lid.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

I was inspired by a You tube vid made by a BCUSA member, IA Woodsman. [video=youtube;NzuG6xLUo7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzuG6xLUo7I[/video]

So went and ordered a Tatonka cup which fits the 1 Litre Nalgene bottle.
Couldn't find a suitable can to use as a lid so had ago at making one out of some old aluminium . The lid was shaped by beating around a ply board former.

dsc03156Small.jpg

The handle is a D ring covered in electric cable insulation and is held in place with two copper pop rivets.

DSC03158Small.jpg

This was the first time I've used the cup had to add a pair of tent pegs to the Hexy burner , bit of a juggling act otherwise :eek:.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
I love hexis but hate the fact when you use them and leave them out because they are hot if it rains they rust and are buggered, so i made a stainless steel one,
Anyway it seems to work a treat, it was blowing a gale so boil time was about 10-12 Min's and that was for a full crusader cup full, anyway it all folds down flat can be used with a crusader mug or small pan/ billy,
sshexi1.jpg

sshexi2.jpg

sshexi3.jpg

a few more pics (inside)
spoonystove02.jpg

spoonystove03.jpg

spoonystove04.jpg

spoonystove05.jpg

spoonystove06.jpg

spoonystove07.jpg

spoonystove08.jpg

spoonystove09.jpg

spoonystove10.jpg

spoonystove11.jpg

pwb

I love hexis but hate the fact when you use them and leave them out because they are hot if it rains they rust and are buggered, so i made a stainless steel one,
Anyway it seems to work a treat, it was blowing a gale so boil time was about 10-12 Min's and that was for a full crusader cup full, anyway it all folds down flat can be used with a crusader mug or small pan/ billy,

That's a really great bit of metal work Spoony , like it a lot :) goodjob.

May 6, 2011
Ayrshire
Hi Guys

I didn't know how to go about making a lid for my tatonka mug, but I did notice the wife HAD a teapot that had a lid roughly the same size. :D

6yd16q.jpg

Just incase anyone is interested in doing the same thing? the tea pot was the same as this one. Click Here

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I went in to the oxfam shop & found a small s/s cotainer, the lid of which fits great, and all for the princely sum of .99p.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE