Tactic-9 Gorka Mountain jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Does anyone have any experience of these? I have several smocks and they don’t suit “throw it on, add/remove layers” wear, so I’ve been looking at getting a simple hard shell that’ll cope with a light shower. Or more typically at the moment, sun goes in and it’s suddenly a bit cold in a t-shirt. Kind of a summer garment.

Sizing is very difficult to judge, so I’ve emailed Varusteleka for advice. Reviews on this model are almost non-existent, but at no point do they claim it to be the BARS issue version, just a Tactic-9 product.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/tactic-9-gorka-mountain-suit-jacket-brown/56298

Reactions: scottisha5

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My pal has one and his main gripe was that it has no zip, only buttons, up the front, if that bothers you...

Cheers. I’d prefer a zip, but am aware these button up. I don’t think it’ll be a problem unless they’re fiddly. It might be a case of order one for a look and swallow return costs if I don’t like it.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I have the trousers from Varusteleka, and the quality is good. The price is a bit steep from them. Try https://grey-shop.ru I got an so/sposn gorka from them. The postage is a bit steep but the prices for the full suits is worth it.
Varusteleka is still my favourite shop though!

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have the trousers from Varusteleka, and the quality is good. The price is a bit steep from them. Try https://grey-shop.ru I got an so/sposn gorka from them. The postage is a bit steep but the prices for the full suits is worth it.
Varusteleka is still my favourite shop though!

They’re a very good shop. Superb range, lots of humour, great customer service. I’ve pushed the PayPal button on the jacket, but thanks for the link.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
On the subject of Gorkas, Survival Russia just posted a video on you tube
with a link to another Russian webstore and a discount code. If you haven't checked out his channel it's well worth a watch if you like the no nonsense woodsman kind of stuff.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Nicey,

Ive got the full suit, got it from Russia, its an excellent piece of kit. Yeah its buttons but its Russian military so its soldier proof. Get the braces with the trousers if you do it. I had mine on in torrential rain yesterday on a Woodlands Way course and it dries in no time due to material. Its lightweight and its meant to be baggy to wear other clothing underneath if required. I got mine from www.grey-shop.ru it cost me £90 plus postage of £15. Took three weeks to arrive. Check and double check your sizes, I got the biggest available and it fits me well. Im 5'9 38" waist and 16st.

Cheers

John

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheers John. I read a lot on sizing and heard the cut is generous. I was thwarted for the size due to low stock, I really wanted a 52/4 and had to take a 50/3. If it’s not right I’ll just have to return it. Unfortunately Varusteleka didn’t respond the the enquiry I left in the message box before dispatch.

I’m not too worried about being able to fit wool jumpers or soft shells underneath, I have clothing for the coldest, wettest weather, but I do need a simple throw it on top for wind or showers at this time of year.

I’m 5’10”, 32-34 waist, 40”chest, and a very lithe and lissome 12 stone.

Last edited:
Reactions: scottisha5

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Cheers John. I read a lot on sizing and heard the cut is generous. I was thwarted for the size due to low stock, I really wanted a 52/4 and had to take a 50/3. If it’s not right I’ll just have to return it. Unfortunately Varusteleka didn’t respond the the enquiry I left in the message box before dispatch.

I’m not too worried about being able to fit wool jumpers or soft shells underneath, I have clothing for the coldest, wettest weather, but I do need a simple throw it on top for wind or showers at this time of year.

I’m 5’10”, 32-34 waist, 40”chest, and a very lithe and lissome 12 stone.

Lithe lol Im certainly not lithe, good word though. Im a member of the PGC, Portly Gentlemans Club, we meet in fish and chips shops

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE