tabasco sauce?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I love this stuff (I bet I'm not the only one), it turns a bland and uniteresting meal into something a lot more palatable, or masks the taste of stuff - less tasty. I read somewhere that is was a highly requested item for squaddies in Iraq. Problem is, it comes in a thunking great glass bottle. What do you guys use to carry such condements? Do you just lug the bottle along, or do you decant it into something lighter?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
We have loads of US MREs about ... some of which come with a 5ml bottle of tabasco.

I think you can buy the small bottles direct from the company that makes it ... I'm sure i saw a link on another forum.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
I managed to get my hands on an MRE, opened it up and..... no tabasco. I'd got a vege pack and they don't seem to contain them :evil:. I think that selfridges in the Trafford centre has packets of the mini bottles. If your willing to go there :shock:.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
The mini-bottles are glass Martyn. Very good seals too.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Actually, look for the Hot Sauce listing ... that's menus, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22 and 23!

Martyn said:
Adi007 said:
Not all MREs have the sauce ... check out this list for details of the menus: http://www.dscp.dla.mil/subs/rations/meals/mres.htm

Ahhh, so it's the ones with accessory pack "B", which are:

Menu 1, Beefsteak with Mushrooms.
Menu 10, Chili and Macaroni.
Menu 15, Beef Enchiladas.
Menu 24, Meat Loaf with Gravy.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
The red perrer in accessory pack B is just a sachet of cayenne pepper.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I go through loads of Mre's with my scouts, I never let them have the sauce in case they dont like it , as I am a hoarder I have loads of these 5ml bottles in my kitchen cupboard.
If anyone wants some send me a sa jiffy bag and I will send you some. :)

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I can well understand you ... way too much scope for pranks :shock: :bu: !

Chopper said:
I go through loads of Mre's with my scouts, I never let them have the sauce in case they dont like it , as I am a hoarder I have loads of these 5ml bottles in my kitchen cupboard.

Feb 13, 2004
Chopper said:

I want some. Could you send me some, please?
I collect the bottles and of course i wouldn't mind using it first!!!
Cindy :)

J

Jamie

Hey Cindy

The penny now drops! No wonder I call you the tabasco lady!!!!!! :lol:

Wheres the best (and cheapest) place to get the mre's over here?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Adi007 said:
We have loads of US MREs about ... some of which come with a 5ml bottle of tabasco.

I think you can buy the small bottles direct from the company that makes it ... I'm sure i saw a link on another forum.

They do the little bottles of tabasco in packs of 6 in our local Asda :-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Really? Cool! That size is more suited to the palette over here in the UK anyway.
maddave said:
Adi007 said:

They do the little bottles of tabasco in packs of 6 in our local Asda :-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I just like to buy something of the size that I'll get through in a sensible timescale ... I think we still have a 5 ml MRE bottle going nearly a year on!

I like it, just in very small doses!

MartiniDave said:
Adi,

You don't HAVE to put the whole bottle on in one go mate! :yikes: :lol:

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE