Swedish M59 Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Ive fancied trying out the Swedish M59 shirt for some years now, I like Swedish kit by and large, regretfully I was potless a few years ago when Military Mart had them in brand new and for less than even bargain prices. They still have them in stock but only in racing snake teenaged sizes.
Anyone know of a place I can order myself a few from in lard bottom fat necked size???

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
m/59 Fältskjorta.
They were made in two qualities. One rougher cotton for the enlisted and one finer, slightly shinier for the officers.
Same with the uniform trousers and tunic.

The coarser cotton is nicer to wear, specially if washed many times. Beautifully soft.
The sizing does not come in L, XL or similar. 37, 39 and so on.
Seems you need a 44 or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLEM

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yes, but 17 inch is not always as it should be. I like a certain fit on my clothes, and need to try personally.

I encounter sometimes a variation in the same brand, same shop, same trying time. Hate it.
Same with shoes.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
m/59 Fältskjorta.
They were made in two qualities. One rougher cotton for the enlisted and one finer, slightly shinier for the officers.

The coarser cotton is nicer to wear, specially if washed many times. Beautifully soft.
Thanks for that info, much appreciated. Need to find a supplier with big chap sizes.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
This one. They only have them for smaller chaps sadly.

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/swedish-army-m59-grandad-shirt/

The @mazon link I posted has changed - they did have L and XL in both green and civil defence blue (long and short sleeve).

I bought a job lot a while back from MM when they were dirt cheap and wear them most days during the summer as workwear if I want to keep my arms covered from sun, brambles or nettles. They suddenly got a popular when Paul Kirtley started wearing them and all the sizes other than those for malnourished teenagers sold out.

Nice and comfortable and I quite like the “smock” rather than conventional button style but nothing special - fabric is no thicker or harder wearing than similar surplus shirts - I put a hole in one this afternoon just lightly catching it on a bit of machinery.

Size 41 works for me at about 16” collar.

My experience with MM has been a bit patchy - of the first four I bought, two were as new and the other two were filthy (paint, oil and god know’s what stains) and full of holes. MM don’t seem to do emails but sent replacements after a phone call. I don’t know whether they just have a few muppets in the packing and despatch dept who don’t bother checking stuff or care or whether they just send everything they have out and just wait to see if anyone complains.

My other go to workshirts also came from MM - similar style but slightly coarser and heavier cotton which I prefer - only downside is elasticated rather than button cuffs which are a bit tight. Cheap as chips but seem to be sold out at MM but might be work looking for elsewhere.

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/czech-m92-bushcraft-field-shirt/

Good luck! :)

Reactions: CLEM

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
The @mazon link I posted has changed - they did have L and XL in both green and civil defence blue (long and short sleeve).

I bought a job lot a while back from MM when they were dirt cheap and wear them most days during the summer as workwear if I want to keep my arms covered from sun, brambles or nettles. They suddenly got a popular when Paul Kirtley started wearing them and all the sizes other than those for malnourished teenagers sold out.

Nice and comfortable and I quite like the “smock” rather than conventional button style but nothing special - fabric is no thicker or harder wearing than similar surplus shirts - I put a hole in one this afternoon just lightly catching it on a bit of machinery.

Size 41 works for me at about 16” collar.

My experience with MM has been a bit patchy - of the first four I bought, two were as new and the other two were filthy (paint, oil and god know’s what stains) and full of holes. MM don’t seem to do emails but sent replacements after a phone call. I don’t know whether they just have a few muppets in the packing and despatch dept who don’t bother checking stuff or care or whether they just send everything they have out and just wait to see if anyone complains.

My other go to workshirts also came from MM - similar style but slightly coarser and heavier cotton which I prefer - only downside is elasticated rather than button cuffs which are a bit tight. Cheap as chips but seem to be sold out at MM but might be work looking for elsewhere.

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/czech-m92-bushcraft-field-shirt/

Good luck! :)
Thank you mate. I think I’am peeing in to the wind on this one, 48 chest 19 collar

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
m/59 Fältskjorta.

Indeed....finding them is the problem in that size:rolleyes:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
They are brilliantly comfortable shirts. I'd love another one in a size 43, preferably unissued but simply cannot find one. Any ideas?

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
They are brilliantly comfortable shirts. I'd love another one in a size 43, preferably unissued but simply cannot find one. Any ideas?
Rare as the proverbial rocking horse manure now, even in Sweden. Surplus eventually runs out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE