Swannie Waterproof Lining

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I had one and after a while I cut out the liner it annoyed me so much by rustling all the time !!!

Cheers, Paul

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
I've recently acquired one from a member on here.
It seems fine to me - not tested it in the rain, but its certainly windproof. With regards to noise - I can see that if you are stalking wildlife it might be an issue, but for other purposes its no more noisy to my ears than the average waterproof (including my ventile)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
They're waterproof but you're left with a heavy wet wool shirt/jacket that's waterproof but has no hood. This might work well if you wear one of those leather bushcrafty hats or if you're like me it won't do what you want it to. Just depends what you're after really.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
No worries. I haven't actually tried one, as they don't really serve a purpose I need, and I haven't come across one in my size that was affordable at the time. I fI see anything else about them, I'll post here for you.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I can see how it would be great on winter days.

Not sure about that in particularly wet or cold weather, I didn't get on with mine when out walking in cold or windy weather because there isn't really any neck protection and it's loose around the wrists and waist. I went back to using a decent fleece for most things. Depends on what you plan to be doing I guess, good for sitting round a campfire and perhaps if you are working outdoors ?

Cheers, Paul

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I thought they were just wind proof. I've had one for about 5 years and love it, if they were still made I'd have another.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE