Sussex Meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I keep looking for a meet in Sussex but can not seem to find one. Is there anything going on regularly in the West Sussex/East Sussex area? I have been looking for a group of people to go out with on a regular bases but can not find anyone. If there is not one then would anyone be interested in doing a weekend soon? I have found a few bushcraft friendly camp site, that should be pretty empty at this time of year; I have a link at home to a web page that lists campsites where you can have fires & remember there was one not too far from Brighton that sounded good.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
as far as i know there arn't any regular meets:( but i would definately be up for a meet up soon! i have a mate who mite come too, tjroots (he doesn't come on here much). try asking lamper too, we have been trying to organise a meet too but it hasn't happened yet.

pete

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks for the reply, which is pretty much what I figured. I am getting my car back on the road soon and feel like doing something in 3 or 4 weeks time. I will see if I can find the details of that bushcraft friendly farm campsite that is north & a bit east of Brighton from what I remember. I will see if they have any space (which should not be a problem this time of year) and are open then see if we can arrange for a bunch of us to meet up.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Not a meet, but if you ever fancy a bimble gis a bell, always nice to meet up with other like minded people

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ok so where is everybody in relation to me, im near Shoreham, can see a few people around Brighton & Hove from the profiles, sounds like we need to get something sorted out, either a good days bimble or if we can find somewhere a meet up for a few days.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi all.

I am happy to host a meet at the Forest Knights main site near Arundel.

Date will now be in June I am travelling to Japan to teach Bushcraft from the 13th May so will not be around to organise anything sooner.

In return for camping and burning my wood it would be nice if we can complete the odd project during the weekend.

If you would like to attend date depending please add your name to the list below:

Wayne

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
What you want doing Wayne?

Anyways i'll start the list

Kepis

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I haven't really decided. Just got home from running the BCUK first aid course.

Some extra seating would be nice.

Also I would like to create a few new examples of debris shelters.

What would you like to achieve during the weekend?

So thus far:

Wayne
Kepis

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Im up for making some seating and shelters, what does everybody else want to do?

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the offer - I'm up for helping out and learning along the way!
Let me know what sort of days you're looking at, I know that I'm busy the first 2 weeks of June (not that in anyway should stop you from having it then!).

Joel

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Count me in as please.

I was in the process of trying to find a site and Wayne has saved me the hassle! Cheers buddy! :You_Rock_

Wayne
Kepis
Lamper + 2 (mates who are not on the forum but very like minded).

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i'll definately come along

also wayne, if you ever need any more tree surgery done in the wood i would be happy to lend a hand

Wayne
Kepis
pete_t

pete

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i'll come along for sure, i'll help with whatever needs doing :)

Wayne
Kepis
pete_t
tjroots

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I would be up for that. I think I saw what may have been the forest knights in action as I was coming back from a walk on Saturday; saw a parachute, hennesy hammocks etc.. looked too fanncy for a homeless camp. I would have popped in to say hello but I had to meet a mate at Avisford Park over the road to do some 'rabbit management'...

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I would be up for that. I think I saw what may have been the forest knights in action as I was coming back from a walk on Saturday; saw a parachute, hennesy hammocks etc.. looked too fanncy for a homeless camp. I would have popped in to say hello but I had to meet a mate at Avisford Park over the road to do some 'rabbit management'...

The tents and hammocks belonged to the BCUK crew on their first aid course.

If you're in the area this weekend pop in for a coffee. We are running a bow making course on site.

I forgot to add I am glad we didn't look like a homeless camp.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I forgot to add I am glad we didn't look like a homeless camp.

Sorry about the above reference, I hope I did not offend. It's one of those woods I walk around from time to time & about a year ago I saw that there was a few basic shelters covered in builders tarps. When I metioned it to a mate he thought that it was a group of homeless people living in the woods. When I saw it the other day I remembered that, hence the comment above. You have a good setup there by the looks of it. I am getting back into archery again & want to have a go a field archery, so was thinking of going to meet up with the ratpackers over the road some time soon. I should be around over the weekend, so will try to come over & say hello as it's not that far from me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE