Sussex Group Meet, 19/20 April @ Wowo (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Thanks everyne who made it - was a really fun weekend, despite the last minute venue changes!

Attended: Neil1, Pinky & Nova, Neumo, Dark Horse Dave, GrayJay, Peter_t (plus Neil's friends Graham (for yesterday) and Calum)

For anyone interested, Wowo was a good campsite and would be good particularly for those with families. They have a number of yurts, which can be seen in the background of some of these pics, and their woodland 'premium' pitches have some opportunity for hammocks.

Huge thanks to Neil1 for instruction in using the bow drill and spoon making - we all appreciated it.

Very much looking forward to the next one which I hope to be able to set up for mid-April!

Load of pics now...
(If anyone who went would like full res copies of any of the pics, let me know - I've also got a few more not shown here)

Bow drill practice yesterday - Neumo, Neil1 and Dark Horse Dave

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

Main firepit & random site pics, including one of last night's 'supermoon' - which was simply amazing!

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

This morning's antics - spoon carving (everyone will have to identify their own spoons!), bow drill (contd.) with Pinky and Neumo

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

The obligatory set up photos (we showed off our new dd group buy camo tarp)

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
That looks like a lovely site and a great meet , like the pic of the moon .

thanks for sharing .

Craig...................

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Likewise - it was great to meet everyone and reallly looking forward to the next one.
A big thank you to Zoe for organizing all us chaps and getting us all to the same site on the same date,etc,etc.
Neil

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes, we all had a great time & it was aaturday & left nice short session, as most of us arrived at about lunchtime on Saturday and left on the Sunday. It was good to finally get something happening locally & hopefully we can get a meet happening regularly. It is good news about the new venue which sounds really interisting. Had a really fun time & looking forward to the next one.

C

Callum3

I finally made the Interweb work!!

Big thanks to Zoe for organising and putting up with the late night gate crasher!

Have spoken to my boss at the Centre i work at and he is happy to go ahead with a camp using our facilities. looking at numbers around 20 if any one is intrested??
don't really know how to use this forum yet but message me for details, I'm happy to organise things at my end.

thanks again to all who were there it was a really good evening and morning away!

Callum

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Good photos. Went to Wowo probably a couple of weeks after you - absolutely amazing campsite, particularly down on the "tipi trail". Unfortunately our foraging walk was cancelled as I think we were the only people booked on. At least the wild garlic was out in full swing - made a nice easy addition to my flavoured rice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE