Survival Cards

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
I remember sometime ago, reading about "survival cards". Basically a set of waterproofed cards containing usefull info. Does anybody have more info? Thanks.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
They made these for the sas handbook - flip cards I think they were called.

There is also a set of playing cards with survival info on them - I have a set and while a little too americanised they are quite good.

These are called - Survival, Be prepared and are made by a company whose address is,
USALIVE, llc,
15200 S.W twin fir road,
Lake Oswego,
OR 97035

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
best bet try amazon - or failing that I think I have seen them advertised on a few american sites - if you have no luck let me know and I'll dig around for you.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
the flick book sas survival handbook thing is ok, i think the collins gem version is better value. there again, the pared down version that's on the cards might be simpler for a kit, but it's still bigger than the collins gem version.

IIRC brunton or someone makes a kit with some laminated cards and a fresnel lense.

doug ritter has a downloadable version of the instructions included with his survival kit. over at www.equipped.com

cheers, and.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I too have both the SAS survival flick cards, and the colins gem version.

i would also recomend using the collins gem version!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE