Sunglasses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Drat! Bust my raybans today. Arm just snapped clean off - think the cold got to 'em. :cry:

Any good makes of hardwearing shades you guys recommend?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Do you have any links/info on this Chris .. never heard of this on this side of the pond ... opticians (our optometrists but they breathe lower pay grade air) seem to want to sell tinted glasses all the time! :shock:
ChrisKavanaugh said:
A BIG HAT! The older literature warns against excess sunglass wear as do optometrists.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Why don't you just buy a new arm for them, you can buy individual spares for Ray Bans, had the lens changed in mine a couple of times.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Lithril said:
Why don't you just buy a new arm for them, you can buy individual spares for Ray Bans, had the lens changed in mine a couple of times.
Excellent idea, thanks :-D :) - I had no idea they did that. They cost a fortune a few years back and I don't really want to spend again just yet. :cool:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
ChrisKavanaugh said:
A BIG HAT! The older literature warns against excess sunglass wear as do optometrists. Your eyes get used to them and are then in real danger. If it's a desert trek or arctic whiteout yes. If your at the races looking posh yes. Everything else, get a hat.

LOL, for the 4 3/4 days a year that sunglasses could warrant being worn in the UK, I doubt your eyes are at that much risk. Maybe in California, it's a real issue, but in cloudy old blighty, I just prey I'm not on nightshifts the week we have our summer.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
LOL, know that feeling well although even in cloudy weather I tend to wear sunglasses now, seen too many people having eye surgery to want to go through that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE