Sugarloaf View

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
It's been a while since I've been on the site - was ill for a bit before Christmas, then busy over the festive period. I managed to get out for an early morning walk on Sunday and walked up Sugarloaf near Abergavenny with a couple of friends. The weather was a bit cloudy, which was unfortunate, as the day before was fantastically clear and bright.

Had a good walk though, and a brew and breakfast at the top. Here's the view over to Ysgyryd Fawr. I was pleased with this shot - the best one of the day.

DSC_1963_800.jpg

Original photo: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/rcnk/DSC_1963_small.jpg

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Nice shot.

I love the texture of the snow on the heather.

I'd be tempted to crop the top a little, not quite the top half of the sky. (As you now have done..;) )

It would move the horizon up towards the third. lose a bit of flat sky without losing the interesting clouds in the lower half.

Have a look. I think you'll like it.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Cheers for the advice Wayland. I'm typing this on a little netbook at the moment - when I get the chance I'll try cropping it.

Actually, I can see the effect by scrolling down - looks good - ta!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Used to climb Sugar Loaf a lot when i was a kid as we used to holiday on the farm at Llanthony Priory, it used to have a pub in the old crypt, not been there for years though, the farm is still owned by the same people that own one of the local farms to me down here in Sussex, in fact my Grandad worked on the farm down here for years as the engineer, ah those were the days, riding back to the grain store at harvest time in the back of the grain wagon.

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
scanker > Amazing shot!
Do you have that in a higher resolution? I would love to have it as my desktop wallpaper :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE