String Daypack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I call it experimental archeology, the wife says I am going stir crazy...
but one can never have enough rucksacks right?
Plus its got more features than anything commercially available.
string-004.jpg
  • Eco friendly materials (Jute, Hazel)
  • 100% Biodegradable*
  • Stream washable
  • Traditional construction techniques
  • User serviceable with minimal tooling
  • Padded shoulder straps
  • Mesh airflow cooling
  • Wicks moisture from back
  • Variable internal storage capacity (stretches from 25 to 28L approx)
  • Mitten friendly frost resistant fasteners
  • MOLLE compatible crochet loops
  • Center line opening for ease of access
  • Makes for a comfy pillow
  • Go shirtless to exfoliate those hard to reach areas
Over engineered with safety in mind. Roughly 30m of cordage can be removed from bag before drastically compromising structural integrity.

* Disclaimer: Disposal in low oxygen environments such as peat bogs may affect breakdown times. Please act responsibly, leaving Out-Of-Place-Artifacts may seriously mess with the minds of later generations.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I think it's very cool indeed , and the humorous ad/post should not undermine the piece.
I think this is a brilliant idea , a great looking pack , unique and very useful .
Especially as it could even double up as crayfish trap , fishing/trapping bag and it's completely made from biodegradable materials.
30 M of cord availability without compromise of the structural integrity.

I think you're onto a winner there.

If that pack had a little fox stamped on a piece of leather as a label (you know the one ), it would easily sell for a couple of hundred £££..

Think about it

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I have a couple of tweeks to make (shoulder straps to long) then a field trip or two for some better photos of it action.

No dreams of going from bags to riches

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That looks suspiciously sized for a PLCE side / rocket pouch!

Do you have a picture of it open? I/m somehow imagining it to almost completely open up to be a flat sheet, something I've quite liked about pick nic blankets, just being able to grab the four corners while bundling everything up into it for a quick move on.

Reactions: Leshy

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
It's constructed more like a small duffle bag and your suspicions about the size are pretty good :)
Need to make two or three more closure toggles for peace of mind though nothing has escaped whilst walking the dog so far.
At the moment so long as anything inside the bag is bigger than a 4" bundle eg: billy-can, fire bag, poncho, loaf of bread, sock ball it stays put.
IMAG3128.jpg
IMAG3130.jpg

Reactions: Leshy and KenThis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE