STOLEN - Cocker Spaniel Puppy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DV...

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2010
East of England
Wednesday 15th August 2012

Ellie is a 5 month old bitch English Cocker Spaniel, golden colour with slightly white chest.

Was stolen from my garden between 1330 and 1630hrs from Glinton in Cambridgeshire.

It is believed that person(s) unknown climbed a 6ft6 side gate and then released the three bolts enabling access to the garden.

Ellie has been chipped and has not been spayed. She was wearing a coyote brown (tan) nylon collar with a "Wainrights, Dogs best Friend" label. She is very timid and teething.

Police have been advised, as have local vets, dog warden, doglost.co.uk and adds have been added to Gumtree etc.

ellie.jpg

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=42156

"Travellers" were reported as nosing in peoples gardens on the day of her loss. Please try and spread the word. My wheelchair bound wife and our son are distraught.

Thank you
Allan

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Sorry to hear about this, I have alerted a friend in the dog rescue world, down in the south, to this and hopefully it will then be circulated to others.
All the best and lets all hope for a positive outcome.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There are some utterly despicable people around. What kind of lowlife scrote steals a dog thats part of the family? Sorry to hear of this Allan. Hope you find her.

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Thats terrible. Some People have no clue what our dogs mean to us. It might be worth putting this up on the gundog training forum mate as your cocker looks like a working cocker there are people there who might be able to help. Also a no questions reward and if you have a facebook account.
Good look and i hope shes returned

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Absolute bunch of £$%^&**^%%%$!!!!!!

Allan, it's unlikely to be a one off event for the thief. Were there any other thefts in the area at that time? If the police are following up something else it may be worth there while being on the look out for Ellie at the same time - I know that's their job but it may be worthwhile asking them if they circulate the description at their shift briefings.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
If you're quite sure the travelers have your dog, you can try to get hold of the traveler's liaison in the council. Supposedly they can drop by with a dog handler and check for stolen dogs. Honestly though, it'll be a hard job to get them off their backsides.

Either that or you could go to the sites, heeding caution and not provoking anyone and say you want to buy a young female spaniel.

They peer over fences, go into the back garden and curb crawl here on a weekly basis. Had some iron work and building materials stolen. Never saw anything like it until I moved to Kent. The Police do nothing here and it's mostly accepted because no one wants to seem like they're politically incorrect, stereotyping or in case someone might scream discrimination. If the fun fair is in town, things normally disappear 10 fold.

Hope you find her. Best of luck.

DV...

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2010
East of England
Cheers guys, didn't know about a Travellers Liason so will check that out. Not keen to drop in personally, did that in a previous life and it wasn't nice ;) They also helped themselves to some other people's property. Have advised local plod about this but not heard anything. (They didn't even turn out).

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Really sorry to hear this news mate, don't know what i would do if the same happened to me!
I would not leave my dog in the garden unattended for three hours for this exact reason, even when you should be able too!
At least you have her chipped which will make a big difference!
There are some serious scumbags out there with no morals.
I really feel for you mate, and i hope you get Ellie back very soon, and that they find whoever stole her and leave you alone with him for a few hours!!
Please keep us all updated, and your fingers crossed.

RM

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Sorry to hear about this. Someone tried this with our Yorkie about 2 weeks ago but luckily for us he managed to get away. The cheeky sods got into our garden over the fence and undid both the deadbolt and the top latch on the gate in order to get him out. Luckily he managed to run away but It does my head in that someone would even try to take someone's family pet.

I genuinely hope the scum get caught and you get your dog back.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
It's situations like this that really make me annoyed, because a little barbed wire would have solved the problem of anyone getting over the fence. It would solve the problem of people getting over my fence. Sure, you can put a piece of carpet over the top of it and clamber over, but it makes climbing anything 10 times more difficult. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-65450/Anger-barbed-wire-row.html In short, 93 year old lady gets robbed 4 times, puts up barbed wire, doesn't get robbed for 18 months, then is told to take it down because it "Might harm burglars". Unfortunately we live in a time where the little guy always gets screwed. I don't think we have the worst burglary rates, in fact they're pretty good, we just have laws that are plain laughable in the eyes of other governments and everyone else.

Let us know how it's going with the search, DV.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
So sorry to hear about this it's utterly horrible. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Can you not track her on the chip though, I thought that's what it was for?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
They are taking dogs from dog walkers in some areas. its a win win situation for them, they either get a ransom or sell the dog.

C4 should do a documentary on what the big fat gypsy husbands get up to.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
never mind barbwire connect it to the bloody mains and fry the buggers

Sent from my GT-I9100

Checked the laws... Homeowners have a "duty of care towards people entering their home", even the ones without permission - i.e. thieves, burglars and other general scum that we all wish we could assault :D if barbed wire is below the height of 2.4m, it's considered a problem and even so, there must be a great big sign there...LOL...just pure LOL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE