Stick making thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
all you need to do is copy the URL, the internet address of the page your looking at and then paste it in here, for instance this page address is http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114228

Just look at the pages you're referring to and then copy the address of them into this thread so that we can have a look and make a decision. Although i'm not too sure what you're actually asking, is it that we have a forum for stick threads, or that we merge threads into one big one or we stick a certain thread so it's easier for people to see?

Diving Duck

Oct 2, 2013
South Wales
horn bending jig........can you change this to STICKMAKING then sticky* it, so it won't slip off the page, there are two pages 'bending jig' is misleading IMO
*No pun intended
Thanks in Advance.
Thread: horn bending jig

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
horn bending jig........can you change this to STICKMAKING then sticky* it, so it won't slip off the page, there are two pages 'bending jig' is misleading IMO
*No pun intended
Thanks in Advance.
Thread: horn bending jig

I've flicked through the thread and don't find it's overtly loaden of information in a way that makes me go "WOW!!!! There's a lot of time / effort / knowledge / good quality information put into that post (thread)" ... There are some pics, some discussion and info in it, but not more than in other threads.

Furthermore is the thread you refer to - and wish the title to be changed - not your thread. IMHO, that'd be just wrong to do. Sort of breach of forum etiquette (same goes for posting a ref to your e-bay sales, while you're not a Full Member).

A dedicated Stick making subforum ... again, IMHO, don't see that much of interest on here - therefor can't see it being created. DIY & Traditional Crafts will do just fine.

Diving Duck

Oct 2, 2013
South Wales
I've flicked through the thread and don't find it's overtly loaden of information in a way that makes me go "WOW!!!! There's a lot of time / effort / knowledge / good quality information put into that post (thread)" ... There are some pics, some discussion and info in it, but not more than in other threads.

Furthermore is the thread you refer to - and wish the title to be changed - not your thread. IMHO, that'd be just wrong to do. Sort of breach of forum etiquette (same goes for posting a ref to your e-bay sales, while you're not a Full Member).

A dedicated Stick making subforum ... again, IMHO, don't see that much of interest on here - therefor can't see it being created. DIY & Traditional Crafts will do just fine.
Thanks you have made it clear enough for me to realise that I over stepped the mark and this place is over moderated :deadhorse:.....:ban:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Rather than over moderated BCUK is not a forum for all and sundry to advertise and self promote their own goals, especially without giving anything back to the forum.
If you call that over moderated so be it. I would see the other side and say anyone trying the above is a chancer and is,as you say, over stepping the mark.
Stay and enjoy the forum by all means but it will not turn into a stick making forum because you want it! At best there may be the odd thread on the subject as it is one of many of the country crafts people interested in bushcraft are also interested in.
Sorry but there you are

Diving Duck

Oct 2, 2013
South Wales
Rather than over moderated BCUK is not a forum for all and sundry to advertise and self promote their own goals, especially without giving anything back to the forum.
If you call that over moderated so be it. I would see the other side and say anyone trying the above is a chancer and is,as you say, over stepping the mark.
Stay and enjoy the forum by all means but it will not turn into a stick making forum because you want it! At best there may be the odd thread on the subject as it is one of many of the country crafts people interested in bushcraft are also interested in.
Sorry but there you are

Firstly I would like to point out I am not a 'chancer' just someone who was willing to help members who want to make their own sticks, I am loath to pay to join any forum, I don't have a camera/mobile phone, so any self-promotion/advertising my sticks [and other woodworking, I am a retired Joiner] is not on my agenda.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
just someone who was willing to help members who want to make their own sticks,

Well just join in with the banter, ans do what the others onthis great forum do... share info, and experaince as is asked for and required... my self I have to agree, every thing does nto need its own sticky thread.....

we dont have a seperate on for engraving and file work... :).. the list could go on..:)

Diving Duck

Oct 2, 2013
South Wales
Well just join in with the banter, ans do what the others onthis great forum do... share info, and experience as is asked for and required... my self I have to agree, every thing does nto need its own sticky thread.....

we dont have a seperate on for engraving and file work... :).. the list could go on..:)
I have edited/re-posted in the jig bender thread :sad6:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE