Stanley stainless water bottle at TK max

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
The same one as here in 0.7L
http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=6263
Only £4.99

Bought one yesterday from Lewisham store and they had a maybe 5 on the shelf as well as other stanley bottles.
They are very good!
Not as heavy as one might imagine either and a contestant for that expensive American one with the grip lids or whatever that people keep talking about.

I wrote a review of 200o words but you only get a 1000 on that site so i gave up, sorry.

The gist is though that one could theoretically boil up your untreated but filtered water in the bottle with the cap off obviously.
Stanley make no claims to that but i think its entirely possible.
Let it cool before replacing the lid.

The lid is very well designed with strength and longevity in mind.
I think its an excellent bottle and for the sake of a few extra ounces worth the weight especially with bushcrafters and campers. Not if you were a lightweight hiker though.

Good wide thread on the screw top so less likely to get gunk build up and easy to clean.
Good solid strap and excellent connection to bottom of lid.
Lovely wide mouth for filling and cleaning inside after scale build up.
Nice green lid, not too garish.
Only niggle is that because the bottle is solid and the lid is strong plastic there is no give in the bottle so water comes out via gravity ie you cant suck it out.

Half price of heine and you can check it out at tk maxx.
If you can then get the wider one 0.9L as there will be more stability on your pot stand should you decide to experiment.
Again i take no responsibility for misuse but i really can't see why one couldn't use it to boil water. Just let it cool properly after. Brushed stainless will make it a pain to clean soot off though so try alcohol stove.

Let me know how you get on.
Ian

Last edited:

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Quick update,
You can boil water in this as i have just done so. I used the trangia burner and the windshield/potstand from my swedish army mess kit.
Didn't quite reach a boil as i ran out of fuel but definitely a simmer.
I filmed it in 3 videos, can't be bothered to edit it.
Should be up in a bout 5 hours the speed flip share is working.
I post a link later if it works and doesn't time out on me.

[video=youtube;dlXJ9C8sL-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlXJ9C8sL-w[/video]

[video=youtube;LDw5DmKVbFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDw5DmKVbFA[/video]

I can't get the last section to post but everything was fine.
Its been a while since i made any videos, sounds like i need to loosen up a bit.
Anyway, hope it helps.

Last edited:

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Thanks for the heads up. I have one, bought from Heinnie, and I'm very pleased with it. It's good to be able to easily reach inside to clean and, so far, it has coped well with being carried about by my OH. I'll ask her to check our local TKMAX to see if they have any as we could do with a couple more at that price.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Great:) thanks for the replies guys.
Can anyone else see the video?
Did i do something wrong with it?
Mods or admin can you advice me how to fix it please as i can see them both here and on my chanell.
thanks.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
I can see the videos fine. In the video you said it was aluminium tho! its SS. I was in TKmaxx today having a look at what they had and seen them. Never bought one tho, not sure i had a use for it. I think they were £6/7 tho! i might be wrong..

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Good heads up. I was looking at them yesterday and then saw this thread last night so picked up the 0.7 and the 0.9L versions.

Mastino - the 0.7L version fits very snugly into the Swiss Volcano. The plastic cap protrudes slightly but the cup fits over the top and the bail arm can fold shut right across the cup lid.

In the Bromley store they also have, wrongly labelled as 0.9L, an even bigger size perhaps 1.2 or 1.5L and priced accordingly. Still cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE