Stainless Steel Swedish Army Messkit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
do you mean the one next to the woodlore sleeping bag.. because that is the only thing i can see to fit the description.. this is not a messkit though.. its a swedish army trangia, and i think i am right in saying it is not stainless, its aluminum.
and you can get them here

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I think he means the one in this pic...
bag2.jpg

...and yep, it most definitely is stainless steel. :D

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Do you mean this link? The picture is definitely a stainless steel kit (they only have one ring around the top, alu kits have two rings) ...and the site says that they are stainless steel, so I would say yes, stainless steel.

But....

International Orders
We are not accepting international orders at this time. We require a U.S. shipping address and a credit card issued by a U.S. bank or institution.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Wow! Just look at those prices too ... two for just over £6! :shock:

UK. Treasure Island or what ...

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
they are the same ones used by the swedish army in ww2, and they are not based on.. they are them.. mine was wraped in swedish newspaper from 1967 when it was packed away

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
spiritofold said:
Aint those pots based on the German ww2 kit,i have a steel one from that time period..Looks the same... :roll:

No, original design - sort of. But the Polish, Finish, Swedish and German kits all look sort of similar - many are kidney shaped though (the Swedish kit is oval). The Swedish one is the best though, as it comes with it's own alcohol cooker, wind shield and pot stand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE