stained glass for a round window..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
we have a round window in the house next to the wood stove and I fancied trying some stained glass..

Its based on the wheel of the year, and as I didn't have big blocks of time, and am quite slow at glass cutting, it took the year to do it. I tried to keep to each panel being made around the time of year it was related to, and by and large I did...

It'll get edged with wire, and I'm making some clips to hold it in place..

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Absolutely first class work - that's a lovely thing! I can appreciate how much work that represents as I tried to re-furbish some nice stained glass in a house I once had; I had to hand mine over to a professional in the end.

That's made my day, seeing that:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
John, that's beautiful :D
What a lovely thing to make for your home. Both eyecatching and rich in meaning. One of those pieces that's 'right' all the way through :approve:

atb,
Mary

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a lovely bit of work. A mate of mine had a company doing stained glass so I know how much work is in it.

You've achieved a lovely balance throughout, it's very easy to make something that looks lopsided when going for a story 'round a wheel.

That'll put a beam of happiness into your home every-time the sun shines.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Looks great, I took a night class a few years ago and know first hand how much work went into that, years of joy ahead...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's a great bit of work John, copperfoiling is a lot harder to master than standard lead lights and you did it really well.
The only thing that I'd suggest is use steel edging strip rather than wire for better strength. You can conceal it in C section lead came for a really neat finish.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Thanks for the kind words!! I'll have a look for something stronger than wire for the edging, thanks for the tip!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE