Squadron of Spitfires found

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Nice to see the Prime Minister getting something right for a change. The site of one spitfire is enough to warm the soul so just think what a restored squadron worth will look like. I hope they are kept for the nation and not sold on

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
The finder has been promised that the Government won't make any claims on them, and he hopes to have a squadron flying together. Sign me up for the first airshow they appear at!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
"They were waxed, wrapped in greased paper and their joints tarred. They will be in near perfect condition.”

Imagine unboxing them for the first time!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
there was tonnes of stuff buried in the uk,i heard tell of a well that yanks shoved 30 harleys down at the end of the war, i know of 2 places where the yanks burried tonnes of ammo too,a waitrose is built ontop of one lot!

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
there was tonnes of stuff buried in the uk,i heard tell of a well that yanks shoved 30 harleys down at the end of the war, i know of 2 places where the yanks burried tonnes of ammo too,a waitrose is built ontop of one lot!

I heard that the mineshafts around Warrington are full of Jeeps and Indian bikes that are still in their packing cases. They were dumped when Burtonwood airbase closed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE