SPRING FARE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Ok thought i,d start a new topic so here goes.

Well it,s the first few days of Spring going by the calander, and what i wanted to know is, has anybody been munching on any of Natures bounty yet and if so what?

Up here in Scotland it,s still pretty early for plant food, but i did notice the nettles are poking their heads through the soil when out walking yesterday. Oh and i saw Ramsons looking lovely and green also.

Looking forward to all those soups and stuff myself.

Emm well i think it,s over to you all in CYBERLAND.

CHEERS STUART F.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Had nettles the other week with rabbit in a stew. This time of year (and over the next couple of months) all the spring greens start to come out so keep your eyes out for dandelion, sorrel, watercress, wild garlic and such like.

:)
Ed

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
Lesser Celandine is now popping up at my local woods. Apparently the root is edible and you can also apply it to sooth piles. Needless to say I haven't tried it.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Well i had my first taste of Cat,s-tail or Greater Reedmace yesterday while out walking.It,s not all that common up here in the Borders so it was quite a find. I dug up the root which had some new shoots attatched,they looked like leeks but not much taste though, never got the chance to try the roots roasted like Ray mears suggested the other night on Country Track,s. The seed head makes good tinder as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE