Spider thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
( see what i did there :) )

Can there be a seperate thread / sticky started for pictures of spiders only, i look in the "wildlife photos" and the "what bug is this" and "one for harvestman" and just get lots of spiders ( i know i've even posted one myself .....very good zoom, i was a long way away from it !!! )

i don't sleep well after i've had to scroll through dozens of the things late at night when all i want to see is Bambi.

if there was a seperate sticky thread (!) i could avoid it like the plague !

Thank you.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Harsh.

But possibly fair. :)

I'm still waiting for someone to make the "What is this bug?" thread a sticky. (Hint :rolleyes:)

I keep posting bugs etc in the wildlife thread to keep it current, in the hope that all sorts of shots will end up there, not just my bugs pics. I'm useless at bird photographs, for example.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Spiders are "bugs" (not int the truest sense of the word but hey a thread full of shield bugs may not be so interesting) , they belong in the thread. Look on it as aversion therapy.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
nope, the spiders deserve their own thread,

leave us aracknaphobes ( sp? ) alone, let us sleep in peace, let us surf the threads without fear, let us boldly open a link without trepidation

Aracknaphobes unite !!.........banish the beast !!

Last edited:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
cats ! lets have lots of cats :)

Spider cats.
aa+(10).JPG

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I just did a quick test.
Last 20 pictures posted on the Wildlife Pics thread - 6 spiders
Last 20 pictures posted on the Bugs thread - 7 spiders

Numbers slightly inflated because if multiple images of the same animal were posted, I counted all of them. Given how common spiders are, and how frequently encountered they are relative to say, Bambi (and the fact that spiders make good photo subjects because they stay still) this doesn't seem too bad.

Mountainm has the key point. Post more of other stuff. That's what the Wildlife Picture thread is for anyway.

Besides, winter now will mean fewer creepy crawlies generally. :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
7 + 6 = 13 + the one from Elen..THAT MAKES 14 SPIDERS !!

any other creepy crawly i can handle :)

right then, new digital compact camera goes in pocket for when i'm driving around for work.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm still waiting for someone to make the "What is this bug?" thread a sticky. (Hint :rolleyes:)

I keep posting bugs etc in the wildlife thread to keep it current, in the hope that all sorts of shots will end up there, not just my bugs pics. I'm useless at bird photographs, for example.

Stickied :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE