Spaces on April Knife Making course!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Morning folks :)

The first group knife making course of the year is on in a couple of weeks time and I find myself with a couple of spare places! So I thought I would offer them up here :dancer:

The course is set for the weekend of 26th-27th and held in my Woodland Workshop in the heart of Devon, about 10 miles west of Exeter. You will be part of a small group (no more than 6 in a group) making knives from Sheffield made spring steel and beautiful native hardwoods. Also, all of the forging will be done using my historical forges and no power tools will be employed in the making (you don't need them!).

Cost per head is £200 for the weekend with all materials and refreshments included (but not meals).

Also, you are very welcome to camp in the 10 acre woodland where the workshop is situated :)

Here are a few pictures from previous courses to give you an idea, but for more details please have a look at this page on my website.

And if there are enough people (3 minimum) who would like to stay on for a third day, we can make sheathes for the knives too :) All for only an extra £50

So if you are interested then please get in touch ASAP, since it is only a couple of weeks away!

Thanks for looking folks

dave

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Wish you were nearer Dave as I'd love to come down again!
Highly recommended to anyone thinking about trying forging.
And , of course, a free Bump!
Simon

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
to anyone even remotely thinking about attending....stop thinking....and just say yes!

s

ps....nice to see Sir Fenna there adding to his toothpick collection!:lmao:

It was me - complete with a filthy cold and Tennis elbow!
I was suffering!
BUT - I had a great time, turned out a very usable knife and would recommend the course to anyone!
I even had a fox visit me in my tarp in the night!
Thinking about it? - DO IT!

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Looking forwards to this Dave, can't believe you still have a space up for grabs !

Is it stoves only for the camping in the woods or are you okay with small cooking fires ?

Cheers, Paul

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Rucksack's pretty much all packed and sorted ready for the trip to Devon on Friday :)

Couple of nights in the hammock under the new Alpkit Rig21 tarp to try it out, and a bit of metal bashing over the weekend, looking forwards :)

Think there's still spaces available too ?!

Cheers, Paul

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Very tempted Mr Budd after our chat at the RV; work hs priority this weekend though I'm afraid!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE