Soooooo Slooooooow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thought id let you guys know that over the past few days the site has been so slow as to be unusable, it's been taking anything up to 30 seconds or more in some cases to load a thread so i can read, or mark everything as read once ive finished, at times im getting error messages about the "server is taking too long to respond".

It only happens here and before anyone mentions it, yes, ive cleared, cookies, cache, history the whole kit and kaboodle, it only happens on BCUK, other sites such as YouTube, BBC iPlayer where im streaming video and some other forums i visit are fine and dandy and work lightning fast and without a problem, tis only BCUK that's working slower than a 28k modem.

Thought id let you know.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Mine's ok as well. If I recall you've also had issues in the past? Do you proxy through any server at all?

45 seconds later a reply box opens up - nope, no proxy server Mike, as above it only ever happens here, every other website forum, social media site i use works perfectly and lightning fast.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I should probably add that if Tony, Admin or a mod wants to get in touch, it's probably better if you email me (see my profile for my email addy) rather than post questions in this thread, due to the time the site is taking to load or respond at the moment.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are you able to try with a different PC/laptop/tablet from home Mark?

Which browser are you using btw? I'd recommend Chrome with AdBlock running for here

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was having a go slow on this site too but not half as bad as you were describing. Sometimes it just froze, or hangs, so I shut that tab down and opened it in a new one again or closed Mozilla and opened it again. I figured it was just a problem with my PC connection. Seems OK now though.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
It might be a memory starvation issue. The BCUK site does seem to chew up a bit more resources than some others around, although it's by no means the worst I've seen. Something easlier on got my laptop processor so hot it decided to shut down the entire system.

I went to chop some wood while it cooled down. :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
i'll look into this, bcuk is fast for me and i'm on a slow rural line, it did slow down the other day but my line speed was down at 38k so i wasn't surprised.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I've been seeing all sorts of weird issues happening with Internet explorer 10. Possibly check that you haven't accidentally been upgraded by windows update?

Off topic but for information with BCUK I've found that the enter key doesn't work on the site when using IE10, but so far no other issues

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE