solar panels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I use a freeloader to power my mobile and HP IPAQ on which I have loads of bushcraft/survival books (pdf files). If I can just get RMs videos to import I'd be over the moon! Not tried the AZ Bushcraft DVD yet.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i have a silva solar 1. nice well made will charge 2 or 4 AA batterys, handy for anything that run's on AA and its nice to have a bit of free power. they also do a 12v unit. carl

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
If I am at a base camp I tend to use my lamping battery, which is an 8"x2"x3" one with a 12v cigarette lighter on it, that keeps mobiles, iPods etc.. topped up for ages when used with a car USB adaptor.

I have been thinking about one of those smaller solar powered battery charger things for when I am out in the bush for days (as opposed to camping at meets N moots). I must look at the 2 ones mentioned.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have been looking at the Freeloader kit mentioned above & it looks like a good system. I want to have a play with one but I may well add some of their stuff to my toys list

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
I bought a little freeloader thingy about a year ago and used it a couple of times to charge my phone. Definately worth having. Im going to have to think of a way to stick it to my ruksack for when I go hiking.

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE