Snugpack Jungle hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gav Bristol

Jan 31, 2014
Bristol
Snugpack Jungle Hammock

was thinking about buying this hammock, it packs down nice and small, and takes a good amount of weight, the only thing i'm not sure on is the quality of the net, the description it gives is. "The mosquito net is made from 20D Polyester with 1000 mesh per square inch, to prevent insects from disturbing your sleep". Does anyone know if this is good enough to stop midges?

Thanks Gav :)

Last edited:

Panama Jungle

Jan 7, 2010
Panama
My Hennessey hammock comes with what is described as 30D polyester no see um netting, and nothing has got through it in a few years of use. Not sure how 30D and 20D differ.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Snugpack Jungle Hammock

was thinking about buying this hammock, it packs down nice and small, and takes a good amount of weight, the only thing i'm not sure on is the quality of the net, the description it gives is. "The mosquito net is made from 20D Polyester with 1000 mesh per square inch, to prevent insects from disturbing your sleep". Does anyone know if this is good enough to stop midges?

Thanks Gav :)

I was also thinking about getting this hammock as it looks quite good and packs down nice. I however bit the bullet and decided to get a Warbonnet Blackbird instead. However if you have enough in your budget and you want a really good hammock that packs down really small and weights about 500g I would recomend the Woodsman X (single layer) from UKHammocks.

Check it out here..

[video=youtube;f6mjv0wU9fM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6mjv0wU9fM[/video]

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Honestly buddy, I wanted the the DD jungle hammock. I'm actually out right now with Re3eld0g and he just trying out his new Warbonnet ridge runner from U.K. Hammocks. It's a complete beauty! That's my next buy! Spend the money once and never look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE