Smock Softshells - over the head design not Scandi smock or rural England middle ages style

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Looking for something like buffalo s6 but not as warm. For now until it gets cold again.

Something good in showers and even heavier rain. With hood or ability to get hood for it like tire s6.

I don't like hard shells but need something a bit more than a thin denier knit softshell I have. Even rab vapourrise is too warm right now.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
What about the light weight buffalo options?

Mountain shirt is it or belay jacket? Can't remember the names off the top of my head

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Paramo is a marmite brand IMO. Marmite doesn't agree with me.

A local guy has a hardshell smock that looked about buffalo s6 length possibly longer. Never made out what brand but green and unusual in that it's just like a modern waterproof except for the length and half zip opening. I think Rohan makes something like that but it's not their version.

There's not many smocks available these days, not popular I reckon but they're probably better in use. When I got my hardshell it was based on the smock that Leo Holding designed for his expedition to do a first ascent of a mountain in the arctic circle. They designed the smock with the climber then their own designers made the more marketable jacket based on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE