Small Daypack suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Does anyone have a suggestion on a new daypack? I'd be keen on the following features

15-20lt max - could live with less rather than more
subdued colour that doesn't scream military - Grey, Coyote brown, black, or a mix of would be fine just no camo
no or limited Molle - for the same reason as above
an admin pocket -
hydration compatible
side slip pockets for a Nalgene or even better a GI canteen
top opening to the main compartment - none of those side opening fancy packs - tried them didn't get on with them
not too deep - think the width of a GI canteen + a little - I'm looking for low profile rather than a box with straps

anything out their spring to mind? I've a reasonable wedge to spend but nothing crazy

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
How about camelbak stuff. I'm out of touch with their range but something like the h.a.w.g springs to mind
If the quality is still the same then you wont go wrong. My peak bagger is my most used bag and its at least 15 years old

The peak bagger is 30ltr or so but an awsome bag if they still do it

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
How about camelbak stuff. I'm out of touch with their range but something like the h.a.w.g springs to mind
If the quality is still the same then you wont go wrong. My peak bagger is my most used bag and its at least 15 years old

The peak bagger is 30ltr or so but an awsome bag if they still do it

I'd agree a HAWG would do, pretty bombproof and they've eased up on their use of Molle for the newer packs.

Marshall

Nomad
Jan 22, 2013
Gdańsk, Poland
www.AdamMarczak.com
Wisport Sparrow II Special

You can order completely without or with limited Molle.

img,big,oferta,zdjecia,226_2.jpg

http://wisport.com.pl/Sparrow 20 II Special -226,0,pr,shop.html

Top quality materials and production!

I'm using 20 and 30 from a few years. The best backacks ever! :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Hill People Gear Umlindi or Tarahumara.

tried one didn't get on with it - I was too short in the back for the suspension system - drove me nuts hitting my **** as I walked - I also hate the front zip access and the amount of internal space lost once you put the canteens into the slip pouches

Just got a viper one day pack
Ticks most the boxes.
Theres a tad of molle but not much and its about 25quidish

If the viper lost the molle on the back and had better straps that could be a goer

maybe a modular day pack is the way to go...

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
It's a pity that molle isn't one of your requirements because the 5.11 rush 12 is a fantastic pack, and ticks all of your other boxes.
If you could live with the molle I'd thoroughly recommend!

Cheers,
Allan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Brynglas

I keep going on about them, but I have no collection to the company. Aiguille Alpine in the Lake Distributed make absolutely bomproof sacks of all size and in a number of designs. They're not the cheapest, but the build quality is far, far better than you get anywhere else. There are a number of colours you can choose from as well as different back lengths and they'll incorporate any extra's you may want. I've had one of their Haute Route 45l sacks for about six or several years now and used it for climbers and skiing in the alps and Scotland, not even start good to ship any sign of wear yet. I've recently brought a 35l bag from them which I'm again very happy with. Well worth a look at one of their Midi bags for a small single daysack.

bbd480dc7e0e52bbc000e9057c6d6f5f.jpg

04129ffe3e0122c11ea789f01cbd4e22.jpg

7a2f509386eb8d4004d44ac1a5998738.jpg

a2e10e9f4e84f749f85dd653e0f21dd7.jpg

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I thought Kelty did something smaller than the Peregrine 29 (29L sometimes called 1800 for cubic inches)... but seems not.

Tasmanian Tiger have couple of newish 22L packs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE