sleeping bag at home

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

tommy11

does anyone else sleep in a sleeping bag in their home, like on their bed?

I find it much cosier than a normal cover.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i tried my dutch cold weather bag on the couch a while ago,...

i woke up two hours later p1ssed wet through!!!!,....(sweat)

if i,m naughty i have to sleep in the garden,...she wont even have me in the house,...

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I have a fleece sleeping bag that I often use in summer when it is too hot for the duvet but not warm enough for just a sheet.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I tried to. Did it a couple of times then mum took the sleeping bag off me and has hidden it telling me I'm being ridiculous "why do you want ro sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag when you have a perfectly good bed." blah blah. She won't give it back till I actually go camping :( haha

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
If my two year old decides he's sleeping in our bed tonight and won't stop kicking me in his sleep then yeh I grab my sleeping bag and get on the couch downstairs. The little horror rules the roost.

courtney

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2011
near rugby
i might as well use a sleeping bag tbh i have a single bed with a double douvet, i have it folded in half and sleep inside it basically like a sleeping bag really. dont ask why i sleep like this i have done for the past 12-15 years lol

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
yea all the time, coz of my dodgy back i tend to toss n turn all night and kick the duvet off, doesn,t happen with a sleeping bag, and yea it is cosy.

ship

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Tried it before when the little one was first born and i wasnt sleeping too well so grabbed the bag and downstars i went.
Told the wife i slept really well that night and she replied 'so did i you want to move downstairs permanently'
Thought she was kidding but aparently not, she has recorded proof of how badly i snore. Ooops

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Used to give sleeping bags to the childrens chums when they stayed over and I used one downstairs on the futon when I could not walk last year but as a rule of thumb no we don't use them in the house.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE