Skill sharing weekend. March 12th, 13th, 14th, 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you intending to come along for the weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have provisionally booked Comriecroft for the weekend of the 12th, 13th and 14th March 2010 for a skill sharing workshop.

The hall is being offered for our use at a discount ( I think they like us :D) but I need to confirm by Friday afternoon that we want the hall.

Camping fees will be as per usual, and paid by the individual directly to Comriecroft, but I have agreed to be responsible, up front, for the hall hire.
I need a firm yes from people that they are happy to contribute to the hire of the hall.
Basically are you prepared to pay an extra £5 a day for the use of a warm, well lighted, dry area that we can use late on, work on handcrafts, browse books, swap kit and materials, maybe have a proper sales table ?

If you are up for this one will you please say so on the poll?
I'll leave it open so we can see who's going along.

atb,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bet you have :D
It's more a bring stuff along, happy to show, tell, ask, watch, learn, work, try, play with ideas, kind of skill sharing :cool:

cheers,
M

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
sounds good toddy, hope you get a good response, i'll be doin my best to make it, my sons just too young to bring along so i'll be nice to granny!!

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Mary,i will fully commit,i am working this weekend so i will tell the boss that i need those dates off. Thanks for going ahead and getting this off the ground,as you know i've been keen to get this sort of thing up and running as per our past discusisons goodjob.Are we discussing what things people can offer in way of skill sets yet or am i jumping the gun and being a wee bit premature :rolleyes:

Cheers Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent :D

Go for it lad :cool:

I'll bring along wool and do bushshirt basics if folks want. Happy to do cordages too. If folks have a shrunken jumper bring it along and we'll turn it into something useful.

cheers,
M

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Hi Mary,

Happy New Year. We talked about this at a wee meet up in December, sounds good but I will need to check with my better half.

Cheers

JFW

screwball

Nov 12, 2007
scotland
I am early shift that weekend and know for sure that the friday is out of the question .But I would be up for the rest of the weekend(if I can get the time ) and the extra £5-00 for the hall sound like a great idea

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The staff at Comriecroft are very helpful :D I asked for those dates so that we had a kind of framework, but I know most folks will be at work or have family commitments to work around.
I reckoned that on those dates though we could be pretty sure someone would be around, but if you can only manage part of the time, or want to extend your time there, I can't see there being any problems :)

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
He said that he started the swing and then changed his mind, but instead of stopping it he let it go down without any force behind it. The weight of the axe and it's sharpness caused the wound :rolleyes:
A blunt axe would probably have given him a bruise and not much else.
(Russ, if I haven't got that right, feel free to correct me :))

He assures me he won't do it again :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
What ever he did it was a sore one.

Understandable how easy when you think that most of us who own an axe keep it sharp enough to shave with.

Another reason to make sure we all have a well stocked FAK with us.

Ouch

John

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Anyway,back on topic.I would be willing to demo the handrill method of fire lighting,also making fishing hooks,maybe containers from Hogweed and working with bone and Antler and other bits and bobs,if anyone is interested.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE