silly questions....forum reads backwards?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
Hi noticed something with this forum thats bugging me, probably clicked something i shouldnt have! When i click on a topic the last message is displayed first and the first post is down the bottom of the page?

Can anyone help me change this?

Thanks

ScoobySnacks

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Berkshire
On the bar at the top of the page you'll see a drop down that says "forum actions". Hover over the arrow and it will give you several options.

Click on "general settings"

Scroll down and you will find a section titled "thread display options"

The second option in that section is "thread display mode".

Click on the box and select "linear, oldest first"

That should sort you out.

I think it is set as linear, newest first as default, took me a while to work out why people were answering questions before they were asked!

hope that helps

Cheers

Scoobs

ScoobySnacks

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Berkshire
Personal choice I guess, Hybrid is flippin' 'orrible! All it gives you is the threaded bit at the top. Fine for a very short thread, bleeping confusing for a long thread with people replying to different posts!

Last edited:

jimmypw

May 23, 2012
Surbiton
I instantly spotted this. Very odd design. In the top right corner there is a display menu. Click this and select another mode. I chose thread mode which is nice because you can not only see threads in chronological order but you can also see who has responded to who.

Hope this helps.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
To me this just demonstrates how we all see things differently, even on here we make the presumption that we're seeing the same thing and that's not always the case.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE