Show me your Percolator for the Fire and or stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
My mum had a percolator, looked more like https://amzn.to/2AnTrTp than that though - I've always thought of that as a wannabe espresso maker rather than a percolator. My understanding is that a percolator continually cycles the brew through the coffee grounds, making it stronger and stronger over time, whilst the bialetti is a one shot.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Link is a Vigi link, doesn’t take you to the coffee maker unfortunately.

The Moka pots are pretty bombproof and make a good cup. They don’t circulate the water. The water boils and rises through the grounds into the top section.

Depending on how much coffee you want to make at once, an Earopress is my favourite one cup maker. A silicon cap is available so coffee grounds and a few filters can be stored in the plunger section. Only thing to watch is the grippy silicon cap can come off in a rattling pack and is best secured with a bit of tape. It’s only happened to me once, but it was a pain when it did.

Those Smart cafe mugs work well too, but I’m getting well off the perc part of your thread.

Reactions: Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I usually just make mud coffee (spoonful of grounds in a cup with hot water poured on ... really, I like it :)) but have been known to take out a little Bialetti like in TonyUK's link.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE