Shocktroop.com

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
bought something off them via eBay, which taught me to check prices...paid more via eBay than If I'd bought from the site........ delivery took some time, said they were snowed under but I did get it.

Might be worth checking their eBay feedback

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
always be very cautious of the phrase:

"army style"

it usually means it isn't army issue but a cheap copy, or if you are lucky a foreign version.
the ad says it's like a british army item, prehaps it's dutch or something?

i don't think i've ever seen a bahsa erected like that either, do they know what it is? :-?

J

Jamie

Rappleby is right, theres an aweful lot of cheap imitations out there - not only are they cheap in price, but cheap in quality - so be careful. If you have the money to spare I say have a go, but if not then invest in something a bit more expensive that will at least last you longer.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I would advise you to have a good look about. The surplus stores are good, although they are more expensive than they used to be. Post a wanted on here and on British Blades, someone may have something for a good price.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cheers Adi thats about what I was looking for, the GF tends to go mad as I normally do go for the more expensive stuff with the pretense that you only get what you pay for, would rather pay more and have something that lasts.

Just looking around for prices at the moment, as soon as I find somewhere locally I can camp wild I'll invest in a Basha and probably try making a hammock (mate of mine has an industrial sewing machine he uses for making canvas work for boats.) My other half keeps her horses on a farm that has loads of land so I'm going to ask him soon.

T

theknight

I have just cut pasted the below from bushcraft chatter from a post I put in there:

"I have always been very doubtful about anything sold on ebay. To me, as a customer, it just shouts cheap and cheerful.

I just think people who sell on there just can't be arsed to make the effort and this is why you won't find and reputable companies/ business's on there. "

TK

Checkout the guys at www.woodlandorganics.com as they sell the Original Aussie Hootchie. I was going for one of those but after reading about the Hennessy Hammock on here I opted for a Ultra Light Backpacker Asym so I have order one from them and I can't wait to get and try it out and see if it's as good as people say..........bloody better be Stuart!!!

I have heard rumblings about the Ray Mears hammock, has anyone tried one?

TK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE