For Sale Sharpening Course: Feb 4th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've got a sharpening course coming up in a few weeks time and there are still spaces, so thought I'd see if anybody here would like to take them up at a special BCUK discounted rate! :)

One day course to learn how to sharpen knives and axes primarily.

I'll go through edge geometry, sharpening media, and various techniques and gadgets that I have at hand. I'll demonstrate before letting you loose to sharpen under my watchful eye, so I can give advice on what you are doing right or wrong. Bring alone some things that you would like to sharpen up and we can take a look. With the axes, I will show you how to regrind the edges using hand and power tools as well as actually sharpening them; though don't expect to come along and regrind a bunch of axes in the time allotted!

You are welcome to try out a variety of stones ranging from from the nice soft cheap ones that I sell, through to Naniwa stones, diamonds, papers and stuff. I can also give some advice on sharpening other types of edged tools if time allows. I will have some sharpening kit for sale on the day too (of course).

The course will be in my workshop in Devon (about 10 miles west of Exeter) and run from 9:30am to 4pm on Sunday the 4th of Febeuary. Normal price for this course is £80 but here and now for my special friends, it will be £50 per head (if paid in advance) :)

Possible Bonus Course:

Also, if people are interested in coming out for the weekend, I had planned to run a sheath making course on the saturday before, but as I have nobody booked it has been cancelled. If a few people are interested in that at well, then I will put it back on for £200 for the WHOLE weekend including materials to make a knife or axe sheath.

Reactions: Bartsman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE