Serious problems getting onto the forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm having serious problems getting to the forum! From many places, including a straight Google search and my own bookmark (which I've been re-jigging every day for the past week+ in the hopes it will work) I get the following message ...

[h=2]Thank you for visiting BuschraftUK[/h] Sorry, we're currently performing essential site maintenance and will be back online shortly.

Today I achieved getting here by heading in through this subsection on the google search page ...

Forum - ‎Edged Tools - ‎Add New Section - ‎Clothing & Footwear

this is getting boring! I have to back-up, reverse, go forward, do 3-point turns, etc just to get to my settings, messages, the forum itself. It's seriously too hard work.

Would somebody please investigate and sort it ???

Just tried clicking "Forum" from within the site (again!) and I get the
[h=2]Thank you for visiting BuschraftUK[/h] Sorry, we're currently performing essential site maintenance and will be back online shortly.
message again .... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Slight doze of the dyslexia perchance ?

bushcraft vs buschraft

If it doesn't sort out Elen, let someone know and we'll ask Admin to have a looksee.

cheers,
M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Slight doze of the dyslexia perchance ?

bushcraft vs buschraft

If it doesn't sort out Elen, let someone know and we'll ask Admin to have a looksee.

cheers,
M

It's not just Ellen. I got the same reponse this week. I assumed the sith was down for Maintenence and waited until it was back up.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
So it wasn't the spelling in a google search ?

Okay; I think I'll flag this for Admin. We know that vBulletin was targeted by a bunch of numpties who think of themselves as Hackers :sigh:.... slash and burn and dump agent orange type maybe :rolleyes:......I'm wondering if this is somehow involved with that.

If anyone can't easily log in, with some unusual feature or reason, please let a Mod or Admin know. If that means you have to go through a third party to do so, please do. BcUK is also on Facebook and at least one Admin is active on that account too.

cheers,
Mary

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
So it wasn't the spelling in a google search ?

Nope - before clearing my cache , when clicking on my Bushcraft UK Bookmark I was directed to a page which had the following in black text on an otherwise empty white page ...

Thank you for visiting BuschraftUK

Sorry, we're currently performing essential site maintenance and will be back online shortly.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"19-11-2013, 08:19 Tony

We had the site down because of an exploit that came to light recently, it was a precaution till we could ascertain the danger to Bushcraft UK, it turns out that we'd already instigated security measures that prevent the forums getting hacked but it was better to be cautious than sorry and have to go through all the hassle of sorting out the aftermath.

Thanks for your patience everyone
T
"

from this thread....
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115255

If things aren't working properly now, please give Mods or Admin a heads up and we'll see what we can do.

cheers,
Mary

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
There have been some issues with Chrome recently. Dunno what browser you're using, but it might be worth trying another.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Had the same issue (but didn't notice the spelling error :eek: ), the bookmarked address was being redirected to include something like '/maintenance.php'. I was away over the w/e and assumed that the site was being worked on, I got the message until Tuesday evening when, after being told it was back up and had only been down for a short while, I started 'fiddling'. Clearing the cache didn't help but I managed to get in through internet search ~ so I considered it likely that my bookmark had become corrupted by *something* :dunno: . So I deleted the old book mark, exited Chrome, switched off, switched back on, opened Chrome again, came back in through a search and created a new book mark. Been hunky dory since :D .

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
.So I deleted the old book mark, exited Chrome, switched off, switched back on, opened Chrome again, came back in through a search and created a new book mark. Been hunky dory since :D .

I do wonder if this is a Chrome issue. There have been problems on BB too.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I was getting the same problem till I cleared my cache the other day.
Noticed it was happening, then tried it on Private Browsing mode (that doesn't allow cookies) and it worked so I knew to clear my cache.
That was with linux based operating system and Firefox browser.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Hi there, I've cleared my browser cache and still get the maintenance thing come up when I try to access the forum. is there anything else I can try or is it my PC?
Cheers
Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE