Scraping tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
Could anybody recommend a good scraping tool, available to buy from UK, (or simple to make, my other half is a green worker - we haven't managed to come up with a suitable design yet!) it would be mainly used for deer and fox skins - if it was suitable for rabbit and squirrel too that would be an added bonus!

At the moment I just use the back of a certain type of knife, which does the job reasonably well - but due to the blade being small and having to put alot of pressure on it, I end up getting cramp in my wrist and thumb! Never nice!

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated, Thanks!

Zoe

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Buy an old hand saw at a bootfair and using a disk cutter (or hacksaw) cut it into hand size pieces. Touch the cut edges up with a file and be sure to remove the teeth and round off any corners.

Ta daaaaah! Hand scrapers, a whole gaggle of 'em.

I used to use the same material for cabinet wood scrapers, but you have to create a micro burr on the edge to make them actually scrape a shaving off the wood.

Would This would be suitable for both skinning and scraping the pelts?

the Inuit Indian have been using them for thousands of years as an all round knife including Skinning and Seals etc as well all other kitchen food processing

ive not tried one yet on UK animals your welcome to try

[video=youtube;THQqyqk4t8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQqyqk4t8k[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE