Scotland Bushcraft camping trip 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely New year.
Ive just been reading the thread about an aberdeenshire meet up a year or two ago, was it a success?
I was wondering if you all would be up for good old bushcraft jaunt into the woods sometime soon either January or February.

I live on Bennachie beside the Donview centre and car park and would be happy to organise a trip, if people were interested.

We could leave cars at the bennachie centre then use my house as a base then head out onto the hill for a night or two. I know some great spots, did a bit of cave camping just before the snow arrived which might be quite good fun. I also have contacts in the forestry commision so we shouldnt have to worry about permission. There are some great spots to go deer tracking if people are interested in that aswell.
Also there is the posibility of using a privately owned wood for bushcraft activitys aswell.
Great to see there is so much interest in bushcraft in and around Aberdeenshire, if enough people are interested we could do it on a regular basis.
If you have any thoughts, dont hesitate to get in touch.

All the best
Peter

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Definitely interested, but would depend on dates- have got a lot on at the mo with sorting out a flat for getting it on the market as well as getting organised for moving out of fiancé's house into our new home in Banchory in early March.. doesn't leave much spare weekends but would do my best to make it.... will keep an eye on the post!

Thanks for offering to organise by the way.. much appreciated.

KP

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
cheers Pandabean.

Re: other meet- I am still keen on heading to Glen Tanar sometime, but not heard much from others so assumed it was off.

Perhaps we could arrange something for the spring?

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I think that if there were quite a few people you would have to use the FC(S) designated wild camp site at Back O' Bennachie. Toilets, water etc.:)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
+1, be it Back o'Bennachie, Glen Tanar, or hiding from Fred.

If it's at the Back, we could maybe look at wet fires, as Fred has suggested elsewhere (correct me if I'm speaking out of place, Fred).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE