Sabre 45 from Aktive8

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Hello all,

has anyone had any issues with delivery of Sabre 45 rucksacks from Active8. I have been waiting for mine since July and have had no further correspondence from them i.e. they are not responding to my emails or taking any calls.:banghead:

Hello all,

has anyone had any issues with delivery of Sabre 45 rucksacks from Active8. I have been waiting for mine since July and have had no further correspondence from them i.e. they are not responding to my emails or taking any calls.:banghead:

I ordered one from them and when it wasn't delivered i forgot about it, then about three months later it was delivered luckily i hadn't bought another. They didn't charge my credit card until they sent it though.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I'm sure that they order them when you order the, but only charge you when the goods leave the warehouse. Have you called the Edinburgh shop? That's where e sales go through.

This doesn't sound like them at all.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I can confirm that I ordered on 24th August, have not received the same but money was taken at the time! They have responded twice to email with: No idea when they are receiving the next batch! Hope there aren't too many others in this position!:( :( :(
Been willing to give them benefit of doubt but even I am getting bored with the wait!

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I ordered one a week ago and they emailed and told me they were out of stock and it would take 5-10 working days for them to recieve one and send it straight out. Or I could have my money back..............So I had my money back, which they did within 24 hours.

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Ditto

I ordered a Sabre 45 from Active8 earlier this year, they took the payment but didn't have them in stock. I quickly took my money back and got one from Endicotts instead- arrived within 2 days :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I had trouble with them.
they didn't have them in stock, I waited, and waited, and waited.
when they sent it, I wasn't at home, it got returned. I phoned up. they were again out of stock.
I got my money back and ordered from SoF.
Arrived next day.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
I think that I wiull try for a refund. The only thing is that they have not responded to over 10 eamils asking them for an update:banghead:

For mail order they have 28 days to fill your order and supply the goods otherwise they have to offer you your money back.

If they have an issue with this and you don't mind waiting you can always contact your credit card company and have the money taken away from them that way - this is called a DISPUTE in the credit card industry. The only problem with this is there is a set amount of time in which they have to defend themselves - if they do not the money comes back to you automatically [as far as most CC companies are concerned]. Most cases I have heard of the company just does not bother to respond to the DISPUTE and the money reverts to the customer. The upside is they have a black mark on their Merchant Account.

You could also point out to them that this is already raising negative PR for them as it is being discussed on one large well subscribed to internet forum and may soon spread to other forums, if know what I mean.

Iain Sked

Oct 23, 2007
Hi All,

I thought after reading your coments I should reply directly to you as we really value the Bushcraft members business.

We have had some problems obtaining stock of Sabres from our wholesale supplier combined with the introduction of a new internal purchase order system here at Aktive8 which has made things run much slower than we would like.

As most of you know the distribution for the Karrimor military sacks is not that straight forward in the UK as the bags are produced under licence by a seperate company. This can prove to be pretty challanging at times when we experience a high volume of unexpected sales for the same size/model of bag.

Anyway I don't want to make excuses if we have let any of you down then I'm really sorry that we have not managed to meet your expectations. We do try to answer all calls and emails to the business as promptly as possible but we do get caught out from time time to time. The recent postal strike has been a nightmare for the guys here with a massive increase in calls asking about delivery time etc.

I also wanted to assure you that we normally only charge for goods when they have been dispatched this does vary slightly depending on the type of card used when making your order. Our system carries out a pre-auth on your card similar to checking into a hotel to check you have funds available and these funds can be held by the bank (not us) depending on the card and will show up as a transaction on your statement.

If anyone has any concerns, comments good or bad regarding an order or any other issues I'd be glad to hear from you directly my email is iain@aktive8.com (no spam please!)

Best Regards

Iain (MD Aktive8.com)

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Well that was quick!

I emailed Active8 this morning to let them know folks on here were not happy about delivery times and the previous post is the reply (just in case anyone wondered how they got to hear about the problem).

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I know we can't blame them for the postal strike but it does annoy me when you order something from a site to find that it isn't in stock. Maybe they should do what computer component online stores do and say whether it's in stock or not.

Iain Sked

Oct 23, 2007
Hi Zammo,

It's a fair point that you've made about showing in stock/out of stock items. We're working a new version of the site which should go live early next year which will be fully integrated with our stock/purchase order system. Sounds easy to do but the reality is that it's a bit of a nightmare!

We're really keen to carry out some useabillty tests on the new pages before we go live if any one fancies having a look nearer the time and casting a critical but constructive eye over them?

I'm sure we could could organise some freebe product if any fancies helping out?

All the best,

Iain @ Aktive8

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Hi Zammo,

It's a fair point that you've made about showing in stock/out of stock items. We're working a new version of the site which should go live early next year which will be fully integrated with our stock/purchase order system. Sounds easy to do but the reality is that it's a bit of a nightmare!

We're really keen to carry out some useabillty tests on the new pages before we go live if any one fancies having a look nearer the time and casting a critical but constructive eye over them?

I'm sure we could could organise some freebe product if any fancies helping out?

All the best,

Iain @ Aktive8

Thats good to hear, hopefully more camping gear sites will take your lead.

I'd be happy to help beta test your new pages.

Iain Sked

Oct 23, 2007
Hi Zammo,

Cool, I'll post when we're ready with some templates etc and any feedback you guys have would be brilliant.

Best Regards

Iain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE