RM canvas pouch improved copy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It is not plagiarism if you improve it, right?

I took some old canvas and a YKK no 10 zipper and made a version of the RM canvas pouch:
canvas-pouch1.jpg

Basically I added interior pockets: a divided one in the back and a full size on in the front.

Size: 15x13x8 cm

Yes, I know there is an ugly seam mistake there!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
nice work - I'm only up to modding existing pouches and tendt to stick with black so my poor workmanship gets hidden...

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Nice pouch - I'd be more than happy with that, seam included. But then my sewing skills are clearly no where near yours so I can understand you setting high standards for yourself. If only some manufacturers had he same standards - I've bought items that have had worse seams than that - good job.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Lol, I have ugly seems all over my work. Nice work, sometimes I find the smaller bits more difficult than the larger ones

forestwalker

Nice pouch - I'd be more than happy with that, seam included. But then my sewing skills are clearly no where near yours so I can understand you setting high standards for yourself. If only some manufacturers had he same standards - I've bought items that have had worse seams than that - good job.

Thanks! My goal is that people should look at my stuff and say "where did you buy that?" rather than "did you make that yourself?"

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Thanks! My goal is that people should look at my stuff and say "where did you buy that?" rather than "did you make that yourself?"

Lol, I have had that argument twice at work now. First with a leather bag and then with my personal cordura bag. At first they would not belive I had made them, now they know what I do, they don't question it any more

forestwalker

Good job, much more organised.

Yes. The narrow pockets are perfect for a DC4 and a roll of dental floss + spare firesteel + folding scissors in the other one. The big one has some repair stuff (tear-aid, etc) and a piece of waxed paper, I really should add some waterproof writing paper there as well (and an small pencil somewhere).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE