Reputation Points?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Hi,

Would somebody please expain how Reputation Points work?

Phil.
Yes and no......
If someone does you a favour, or you enjoyed their post/thread etc, you can leave them some reputation by clicking on the scales at the top right of their post.
To view reputation, either click on the scales on one of your posts or go to your user cp to view what has been said.
I don't know what the rep points add up to though, I am trying to save for a new landrover, but its taking a long time........... :D

Reactions: Marts and stovie

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Jon Pickett said:
Yes and no......
I don't know what the rep points add up to though, I am trying to save for a new landrover, but its taking a long time........... :D

have a steering wheel Jon..... :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Jon’s got this well covered :D The point of it is that it’s a measure of what people think of other people, their posts and actions. As a general rule someone with a high reputation has made well respected posts and helped other people out.

They don’t actually ad up to anything in as much as rewards and the like, they’re just a representation of the person and an opportunity for people to give that person feedback.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Thanks for the explanation :)

I wondered if the Reputation Points added up thus creating the description to the right of one's avatar, such as "Native", "Settler", etc.

Phil.

That's modified according to number of posts, listed here

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Unless I have missed something you can't actually get to see someone else's reputation points, so you can feel real good with just a couple or with 100s cause no one else can know.

But can you get negative points?

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
rich59 said:
Unless I have missed something you can't actually get to see someone else's reputation points, so you can feel real good with just a couple or with 100s cause no one else can know.

But can you get negative points?

Hover over the green dot and you get a homily.
People with loads of rep get extra dots, people with lots of negative rep get a red dot.

Lurch said:
Hover over the green dot and you get a homily.
People with loads of rep get extra dots, people with lots of negative rep get a red dot.

Well I hovered over the green dot - "rich 59 will become famous soon enough" but the rest of us who have posted to this thread are "on a distinguished road"!!

Who’s got the “Distinguished Map for the Distinguished Road”? :drive:

:lmao:

Phil.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Yep. I think it goes up from "distinguished road" to "famous soon enough" once you have received 50 reputation points.
Rich59 is a shining example to us all. :)

Then you get two dots at a hundred. I think there's only one BCUKer with 2 dots :eek:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Goodness me, I didn't have 50 points this morning, but now I do.

And now I have spotted a double green spot rarity.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Err, if you're not interested in what people are talking about don't read it and what's the point of contributing to a thread that you're slating, if you don't like it don't go near it :confused:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Too many egos who take it all too seriously to be honest, get rid of it in my opinion.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ScottC said:
Too many egos who take it all too seriously to be honest, get rid of it in my opinion.
Hi Scott, just wondering what made you say that, whats wrong with it, I don't take it seriously, I just find it interesting what others think of your posting.
Jason........I get out lots mate.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE