Reporting threads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
the reporting system sends a PM to every mod. I guess they get 1 PM for each report.

I'd say posting in the thread is pointless because a) bad threads usually get removed completely, and b) it just serves to bump the thread

wonder if there's a post on the use of the reporting system...

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Every reported thread indeed creates an auto-generated message to all mods & admin. So if 15 of you report 1 thread we get 15 messages :D. IMO Bikething is right in saying not to post in these threads, report them and leave the rest up to us.

Many thanks guys, your help is much appreciated!!
:You_Rock_

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I didn't mean to comment instead of reporting, I meant to post a comment that a report has been submitted, so further reporting was unnecessary. Make sense?

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Aaah - yep, got it :D

Think that's each to their own: I can imagine some people rather just report and don't leave a message saying they reported a certain post. But if you (or someone else) don't mind for the writer of that reported post to know you reported his/her post, I can't see any obstructions not to do so, and leave a post in the thread with the message you reported the post (you still with me? ;))

On the other side I can imagine the thread will go completely off topic: if its right / just or not to report that certain post and ending in a :AR15firin :argue:

HTH

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It is possible, can't remember how to do it though. Of course, if you are ignoring me then this post is irrelevant!

:lmao:

Just looked, click on the persons name you want to ignore and go to their public profile. You'll see on the orange bar underneath their username "Add to ignore list". I feel further instruction would be insulting your intelligence! :D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
To be honest, I've used it a few times and it seems to be when somebody has really wound me up over something. After a while though, you get sick of seeing the "this user is being ignored" or whatever it says. I don't think it works really that well, it's a virtual way of throwing a tantrum except nobody else knows you're having one! After a while, I reversed it and currently ignore nobody on the forums, at least not with the ignore function!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Seems to me that if you try to ignore a particular user you just get left with threads that make no sense.

End result is that you just have to sit there and put up with it.
7983.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE