Rep

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
just noticed where my name is its says "tenderfoot" is this the whole rep thing i hear every1 mentioning, how does it work as i have had alot of priceless info and items off hear and not known how to leave "rep" if you can at all, anyone point me in the rite direction?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
The Rep system has been taken out of action for the time being due to its being abused by a minority of members.
The 'Tenderfoot' titles under your name relates to the number of posts you have made, you progress through the different member titles are your post count increases.

leon-1

Backyard Bushcraft said:
just noticed where my name is its says "tenderfoot" is this the whole rep thing i hear every1 mentioning, how does it work as i have had alot of priceless info and items off hear and not known how to leave "rep" if you can at all, anyone point me in the rite direction?

No mate:)

The tenderfoot and others that you see under peoples names are a measure of the amount of posts you've made.

The rep system was a set of scales, you clicked on them for people giving good accurate information, acts of generosity or for doing something that was of service to the community (organising group buys, discounts and the like). A members rep was shown by the use of little green dots, which like the scales are no longer part of your posts.

Unfortunately a small number of members have been abusing the rep system so it has been turned off.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
There is a list somewhere of the various descriptions.

0-50 posts

100-250 gets another name etc.

People have been abusing the rep system. This was the scales on the right hand side of the post. it enables you to leave feedback. Positive or Negitive and a small comment.

I think people have been leaving petty remarks and giving poor rep.

was curious but there are 2 level names some are a repeat of the first
ie some are Tenderfoot Tenderfoot
some are a MOD and Native for example (obviously a moderator) and some are Full member native

these are examples from above

some seem to be custom ???

wasnt going to ask as its not a big deal but as this post is here :rolleyes:

ATB

Duncan
Forager
Forager :D

leon-1

FGYT said:
wasnt going to ask as its not a big deal but as this post is here :rolleyes:

ATB

Duncan
Forager
Forager :D

Hi Duncan, it's the software, if you are a full (paying member) then it says that as that is what the software allows, if however you are a normal member it replicates the one to do with the amount of posts you have.

The administrators and moderators have the ability to change this on thier own title blocks, but not on everybody's (once again a restriction of the software).

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
If your interested, it goes like this..

0 - 9: no title
10 - 49: Member
50 - 99: Tenderfoot
100 - 249: Forager
250 - 499: Nomad
500 - 999: Settler
1000 - 1999: Native
2000>: Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

leon-1 said:
Hi Duncan, it's the software, if you are a full (paying member) then it says that as that is what the software allows, if however you are a normal member it replicates the one to do with the amount of posts you have.

The administrators and moderators have the ability to change this on thier own title blocks, but not on everybody's (once again a restriction of the software).

thanks i did a search and this quetion has come up before a few times :D

search 'Members Rank'

now back to Bushcrafting :lmao:

ATB

Duncan

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Bams got in in one :D I didn't have 'Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)' when I was a Mod or Admin..... its suddenly appeared when I resigned my position.

:)
Ed

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Ed said:
Bams got in in one :D I didn't have 'Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)' when I was a Mod or Admin..... its suddenly appeared when I resigned my position.

Ed

I had it before I was a Mod, but that doesn't explin the native bit..

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
tomtom said:
I had it before I was a Mod, but that doesn't explin the native bit..

I think we're all "native" once we get past a certain number of points.

What I don't understand is Stuart's title, since he resigned as a Mod on here his possition just says "Full member" which is different to every other full member in that his name isn't in dark green and "member" is missing it's capitol letter. As far as I can tell he's either supposed to be in Green lettering like the rest of the full members or have the "Bushcrafter, boy I've go a lot to say" title under his name.....at least that's how I understand the system to work.

Certainly looks like there's a bit of a glitch somewhere, the only other reason I can think of is that he still has his admin rights for some reason and only resigned his Mod status....but then if that was the case then he'd show as "Admin" like Tony does and Ed used too :confused:

Anyway, that's all I can think of....maybe one of the others who've been here longer will be able to shed some light on what it all means. :)

Hope that's of help in answering your question Backyard :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Certainly looks like there's a bit of a glitch somewhere, the only other reason I can think of is that he still has his admin rights for some reason and only resigned his Mod status....but then if that was the case then he'd show as "Admin" like Tony does and Ed used too
Stuart has no mod or admin powers at all, but as he is still very involved with BCUK behind the scenes (lilke working onthe magazine) he has access to one of the staff forums ... so he is in a seperate usergroup to allow him access,but no powers.

I hope that clears things up :D

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE