Regrets...I've had a Few

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

Tricky

1. Buyin a Cheap Axe
2 Gettin one o the Lads in the machine shop at work to put a really keen edge on it as it would have taken a month of sharpening using stones (it wouldnt even put a scratch on a piece of wood using its own weight when drawn along (no kidding)
3 Using it on something tougher that a sponge pudding

Tonight mathew i'll beDuane Dibbley's Teeth

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/TrickyK/DCP02000.jpg

Looks like its time fer that GrannyB

Sometimes when u try an save money it costs u more in the long run

Mar 2, 2004
where have i heard that name b4? it sounds familiar.

you couldnt shave cornflakes off a tabletop with that m8
aww well you live and learn dont ye eh.wanna buy an eastwing axe?[one of my own mistakes]

CM Burns

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2003
London
He's the rather toothy character (other than Cat) that Danny John-Jules plays in Red Dwarf.... I think

nice blade profile too :roll:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Looks like it's time to put that out of it's misery!

T

Tricky

yep , it's been consigned to the slag heap ,pretty sure thats where it came from in the first place mind you

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Regrets???

My tent.

Jack Wolfskin Tundra II.
It's okay I suppose, but I can never manage to get it up properly (oo-err, missus). always seem to have at least one panel which is slack. There was an instruction book with it, which I lost and I know that there's a "trick" to it which involves the order and positioning of the guys. Anyway, the result is leaks from the fly touching the inner where the tent isn't properly stressed. My previous cheap and nasty effort never caused me half the bother.

T

Tricky

cheers for the link, sometimes u have to pay a little bit more for quality, and relying on a cheap'n'nasty piece of equipment is perhaps not the wisest thing when out and about

Lesson well and truly learned

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Before getting into Bushcraft I started out being interested in SURVIVAL :yikes: yep shock horror got the gas mask, NBC suit blah blah blah...

American Survival Mag has a lot to answer for !!! bloody mag made me paranoid that the New World Order was coming. :AR15firin

Seriously though, I have spent money on things that probably/hopefully ! wont get used.

...wonder if I would get a buyer for an SAS nomex overall in the Wanted section :lol:

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
... that will be just my luck !

Still got a hankering for a petrol generator though, oh and solar power, not to mention the under ground bunker with a years worth of food, short wave radio - here we go again :roll:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
1. Quietly gather intelligence on local survivalists 2. When things go bad sneak up with a rock as they oil their AK47s while wearing NBC survival suits. 3. Hit them HARD 4. REPEAT ( anybody this stupid must have thick heads with reduced cranial capacity) 5. steal supplies :lol:

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Not so long ago we had a shortage on petrol, massive ques at the pumps - well the ones that had petrol !
Also, I remember people stocking up on water/supplies in case of contaminated mains... makes you think.

So our little stoves could come in useful if we get short of fuel. Water filters we can use on the local stream etc.. and its all portable, not like a retreat in the hills packed to the hilt with supplies.

Like your style Chris - and that is just what would happen !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE