redirecting back to homepage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
for some reason I can't get into my pms. When I click on the 'notifications' tab, I'm automatically redirected to the homepage.

Any idea what's going on there?

Also, on a side note, a problem with me and technology I suspect. I can get bcuk to open with firefox, but not chrome (it just gives me a redirect error message). I'm sure its a settings issue on my comp, but I'll be beggered if I can find what! :rolleyes:

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Check which extensions you have installed under Chrome Dave, if you've picked up a malicious one they frequently give symptoms as you've described.

If you want step by step instructions, drop me a line or ring me - contact numbers are on my website.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Ignore previous content... I should learn to read properly.

Chrome uses the system proxy settings whereas Firefox has it's own built in settings - click the start button, and type "inetcpl.cpl" without quotes and press the ENTER or RETURN key.

From the tabs at the top of the Internet Properties page which will open, choose Connections, then LAN settings from the bottom of the next page... which boxes are ticked?

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
aha. I had started typing in that location, but since nothing was forthcoming I stopped.

Have done so now and the only box ticked on LAN setting is "automatically detect settings"

thanks for the help on this BTW :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE