Ray mears wilkinson sword survival knife pre-dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
A rare and early example of Uncle Rays first knife design. Made by Wilkinson Sword in the early 80's. The knife has never been used and has teh original bluntish factory edge. The survival tube is present in the handle but has cracked due to age. The compass leaked in storage and rusted so I discarded it so it couldnt harm the knife steel. The blade shows surface wear from sheathing, but that is inevitable when drawing from this sheath. In all it is in excellent condition as it has been stored for 33+ years and has never cut anything. So blunt from the factory, that would be a tough job anyway. Also comes with copies of the original patents submitted by RM which goes into detail about the use and thoughts behind the design. Looking for £550 SOLD. Will post via RMSD.

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Hmm I'd like this one and the Wilky Bushcrafter you have up alas no funds. If you fancy sharing the paperwork you have with this knife I'd love a read.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I always wanted one until I actually handled one, pretty awful user but as a collectors piece its great.
Good luck with your sale J.D.

Oct 15, 2017
cornwall
I have has the original wilkinson survival knife for 40 years in my collection. Because its never actually been used i thought that disposing of it might be a good idea, however i see that the new laws make that almost impossible. Is there a solution.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I have has the original wilkinson survival knife for 40 years in my collection. Because its never actually been used i thought that disposing of it might be a good idea, however i see that the new laws make that almost impossible. Is there a solution.
Yes, you can send it to me, I’ll take it off your hands free of charge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE