Ray Mears Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Well after much deliberating , I decided to get the woodlore knife, finally tracked one down at the most ridiculous price ever, arrived today very happy .
I may use it on myself for paying such a price but anyhow , now i am torn with using it or not.!!!

Oh well .
:)

Brynglas

I have an Alan Wood bushcraft knife and a Ranger knife which I've had for about ten years now. Whilst I am careful in how I use them as I am with all my tools, I do use them every day. I'm not a knife collector, I have no problem with people collecting knives but for me they're made as tools and I like to get the use out of mine.

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
Wow you've probably just spent more on that than I have on ALL my bushcraft tools put together.

Enjoy looking at it before you put it in the only place for it, a safety deposit box at the bank.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
I am not a collector either but seem to have aquired a few this past couple years , I do use them but I am a Kit collector i guess .!!!
All the gear and no Idea springs to mind. :)

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Inanimate objects cannot love you! Or can they? If every time you look at the knife it makes you smile then in the end I think it's worth it. Use it or not, it's up to you but enjoy the happiness it brings to you. Life really is to short to worry what other people think. Enjoy.

Si

Once you have given it a name will it have a soul?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Not my favourite knife but it did the job I ased of it.

That's what gets me i have heard many people say things like that about them, personally for that kinda money i'd be expecting the best blade holding the finest edge made of the highest standards of craftsmanship i have ever seen or used or my money back, a Mora knife or Hultafors RFR Craftsmans knife does the job of knife that is asked of it so for best part of a grand my expectations i guess would be too high to be satisfied.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
the highest standards of craftsmanship i have ever seen or used

That much at least is true of mine. When new it was perfection in every way. A thing of pure beauty

To me it was worth the £200'ish i paid for it in 2002. But at todays prices i'd be the same as you, its just so far above what a tool of this type is actually worth to anyone but a collector You could never feel it was a £1000 worth of knife when using it

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
I have a woodie clone by SWC (2006, way before the Woodlore contract) which my lovely wife got me for my birthday as a kit. I did the scales by myself and got a leather sheath for it for xmas half a year later. Ive used it almost every week since, sometimes for long periods out. Its a brilliant all round utility knife, robust, easy to keep in tip top condition and I would never be without it when out. But would I pay a 4 fig sum for the same knife with a different label? no way. Not even knowing just how good my knife is now.....

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Oh use the darn thing Terry! Life is too short to covet a lump of steel no matter how expensive or pretty it is.... My Dad, bless im, gave me a Rolex he bought when I was a kid, it was a Rolex oyster perpetual with president bracelet, solid gold, i believe 18ct? he paid £3000 for it and gave it me for my 40th.
He wore it special occasions etc....(and all the time for the first 15 years he had it untill he didnt like the idea of walking round with a then £18,000 watch, as inflation had made em a little more dear to buy)
When I got it....I stupidly thought it was insured on my house ins policy.WRONG!! within 2 years of me getting it, I crashed my bike and smashed the Rolex to bits......I had the watch itself repaired, new glass, a dent taken out the back from my wristbone, bezel recut n service (ten years ago this cost me £450) the bracelet was scrap, got £275 for that, added a leather strap and then when i got into difficulty with the Mortgage through work, sold it for £1350
Now tha same watch woiuld be worth in the region of £24,000 to buy new.

Do i regret wearing it and it getting broken? I regret it getting broken but i relished every second of wearing it......and would do the same again......though this time.....it would be insured!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE