Rambo 3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Certainly not. The first and last are by far the best. The last is very poignant and even more so when you see the Directors Cut later this month. I've got a screen used stunt knife (blunt edges) signed by Gil himself...

DSC07115.jpg

DSC07114.jpg

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
That is awesome fella. I gotta say having just seen old Jonny boy chop through barbed wire with a cross between a Jimmy Lile survival knife and a Klingon dagger it's starting to worry me. Any half decent mercenary knows that a leatherman is the tool of choice for breaking into a Soviet prison.

School boy error leading to hours of needless sharpening before it can be used again for that all important Job of paper slicing.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That knife he chops through the wire with is different from the knife he uses in the rest of the film. It was a prototype Lyle/Hibben hybrid. It was the first scen shot and Sly changed his mind on the knife design just after that scene was shot.

3R3protos.jpg

R3Scene1.jpg

Here's what they went with...

Rambo8x10LR.jpg

R3protos.jpg

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
And you should carry a pencil sharpener to make kindling from twigs. Unscrewing the end of a rocket from your RPG and tipping out the contents gives good tinder when you strike an armour peircing bullet on a section of Flint. fire is essential when it comes to quarterizing wounds from small arms fire.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Jonathan that is amazing. I know after First Blood there was a wave of Jimmy Lile survival knife rip offs around but I never realised that further knives were produced for the later films. A few years ago I looked into purchasing one but at over 1000 US dollars I kinda passed it up.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I it was me i'd have rested my ak on my hip and put a tracer through the wound. but i'm to cool for school, oh and the round would have got a baddie too.

With hair like that, you'd deserve everything you got. Oh, and wasn't he helping the Afghan forces who are now fighting against the people he fought for. Rambo is to blame for all this mess.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Make sure you look out for the amusing dedication at the end of the film. :lmao:

Funnily enough, in the early nineties, my best mate went out with the directors daughter whilst he was working at the Epcot Centre. It was all very embarrassing. Even more so now considering...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Jonathan that is amazing. I know after First Blood there was a wave of Jimmy Lile survival knife rip offs around but I never realised that further knives were produced for the later films. A few years ago I looked into purchasing one but at over 1000 US dollars I kinda passed it up.

Jimmy Lile did make a first prototype before Sly decided to go with his mate Gil Hibben.....

rambo_3_lile_proto.jpg

what is that with the axe's, crazy, i bet the sheath was a nightmare to make.

It was originally to have that weird attachment lock into the slot. Upon reflection Sly decide it might be OTT :lmao:

RamboIIIProto_b.jpg

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
the best bit of dialouge from that film happens as Rambo is picking up his equipment when the chap in the 'shop' looks at a glow stick and says "what's that?"
Rambo: "It's a blue light"
Chap in shop "what's it do?"
Rambo, snapping the glow stick "Shines blue!"

always makes me chuckle when i watch that bit :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
the best bit of dialouge from that film happens as Rambo is picking up his equipment when the chap in the 'shop' looks at a glow stick and says "what's that?"
Rambo: "It's a blue light"
Chap in shop "what's it do?"
Rambo, snapping the glow stick "Shines blue!"

always makes me chuckle when i watch that bit :)

It has to be said that, not only is that the best part of the film, it's one of the best lines in any film. Slys delivery is just deadpan cool.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
the first one was ace but it went RIGHT downhill after that, the newest one aint too bad if all you want is a rediculous ammount of carnage and a body count rivaling the 2 great wars put together lol

Thanks Dave

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've never understood the sequels. Or the original.

The book by DM was superb, gritty, dark, very Catch 22. Oh, and Rambo dies in the book. Hence - why is there a sequel?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE