Question regarding traveling to the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
So I thought it would be handy to bring a knife and my small forest axe when coming to the moot this year. If I understand correctly it is fine to bring cutting tools onto an airplane as long as they aren't in your handluggage. The thing is, we were planning to go from Cardiff airport to Bridgend by train. Does anyone know what the policy is on bringing sharps onto trains in the uk?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've taken sharps on the train before and all I did was make sure it was buried at the bottom of my rucksack.

I also made sure I had a booking confirmation of the course I was on to show I had a valid reason to be carrying said sharps :)

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Well that's good to hear! I was also wondering do they x-ray your bag like they do on eurostar or can you just walk into the train without any of that?

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Well that's good to hear! I was also wondering do they x-ray your bag like they do on eurostar or can you just walk into the train without any of that?

Some of the London stations and tube stations have temp metal detector arches from time to time but unlikely on the trains you'll be going on. But even so, as said below, with the sharps at the bottom of your pack and some form of documents about where you're going and what you're doing and you will be the right side of the law and therefore, if you maintain a calm civil approach, you will be sent on your way with no bother.

Have fun at the moot :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE