quality kids sleeping bags anywhere?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
As the opening title says, is there anywhere that makes or sells decent sleeping bags and boots for kids? My lads 2 and about 98cms tall and wears junior size 8-9s. Alls i cant find online is not upto much, and i really want him to experience wunter camping. Ive already upgraded all my gear. Ive got a tentipi/frontier stove set up, and im not going to be up aviemore way 9r anything like that. But probably will be in the peak district or possibly wales, as i want him to see the stars properly. He has been camping a few times obv, im just worried about getting it wrong with me little man. Ive done plenty of winter camping myself. But i cant find anything of the quality id like for him. So if anyone has any experience of taking young kids camping in winter id be grateful of any advice. Thanks in advance

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
ive used an adult bag for my daughter since she was 2 and never had a problem. she has a mountain equipment 4 season bag and we've done about -5 with no stove as it was before my lavvu days. She is six now and tends to hijack my down bag and jerven bag leaving me with the leftovers :)

Given recent threads on here about the frontier and its blockage prone flue, id be reluctant to put my kids near one in a tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE